Part 9

Everyone was busy training, taking the rare blissful moments that Lance was asleep to get some actual work done. It seemed that in the past few weeks they had accomplished nothing and the rare Galra attacks were conveniently lacking recently.

With one palidin out of commission having the usual heavy attacks would have caused to much strain and voltron might have finally been defeated, lucky for them the Galra seemed to be taking a break from the usual ferousious attacks.

Lance woke up to little paws touching his nose and whiskers brushing against his cheeks. When he opened his eyes he was surprised but delighted to see all 4 of the mice surrounding him.

One of them was perched close to his face, another was sitting on his stomach lightly and the two others were by his shoulders. All in all Lance loved it, feeling a lot less lonely with the small sized animals beside him.

"Heya!" He giggled as the mouse closest to his face touched him on the nose making a small squeak. If the mouse was a human he was sure it would've made a 'boop' nose.

The little pink mouse, who Lance had named 'Veronica' pushed his cheek with a calm touch, trying to get him to get out of bed. He did so after scooping the smallest mouse into his hands and letting the other three climb on him, two on his shoulders and the fat yellow one resting in his hair on the top of his head. 

"Where you wanna go?" Lance asked them patiently, the lingering effects of sleep making him yawn afterwards. Veronica jumped down and scurried in front of him, pointing to the door with a squeak before going a little ahead. She made sure Lance was following before leading him slowly through the castle, leading through the vents eventually and ending up in what looked like an alchemy lab.

Lance, could not understand or read any of the labels but the swirling colours inside certain bottles were pretty so he picked a few up, making a small collection of blue and red colours. Those were his favourite ones after all.

The mice ran off only to return with a indigo coloured glass bottle only a few mineuts after, dragging it over to Lance with small excited squeaks.

He looked at it for a second in curiosity before turning away, not really interested while the smallest mouse huffed in annoyance, stomping it's foot and crossing it's arms stubbornly.

He dragged it back over to Lance who was gazing at the other colours in fascination and rolled it into Lance's foot, squeaks loud and demanding.

Lance looked down, picking the bottle up slowly and trying to open it, small and clumsy hands struggling slightly.

The mouse rolled it's eyes as Lance continued to try and open it, managing to succeed after about 5 minutes. The force of it suddenly opening caused him to yelp and drop it, smashing into small shards on the floor while the liquid inside spilled all over Lance's foot.

He whined as it seeped into his clothing, making his skin feel wet and uncomfortable. He was scared of the mess he'd made, worried that the others would tell him off. There was a bright light, sudden and unexpected and yelped when he felt the room get bigger, his stomach doing flips.

When he opened his eyes he saw he was on all fours with two cute paws in front and two behind. His nose felt longer and he had thin whiskers as well as big fluffy ears. With a loud giggle he tried to touch them, accidentally tickling himself with how sensitive they were.

The other mice surrounded him, looking far bigger then they usually did. He found it intimidating to see them this size at first and began to cry loudly, frightened of them crowding around him.

The littlest mouse stepped forwards slowly, rubbing up against Lance's now furry side comfortingly with a small squeak.

When Lance laughed it came out as a soft squeak, the sound like small bells. He put his paws up to his mouth in shock but lost his balance with the sudden lack of stability, falling forwards and face planting the floor with his squishy cheeks.

He sprung back up with a bounce, rubbing his whiskers carefully. They were oddly sensitive and the sensation sent shivers down his spine.

The mice began to scuttle away, looking back as if telling him to follow, so he did.

When they stopped they were in an air vent, one that was near the ceiling of a tall room. In turn the mice jumped gracefully and landed with practiced ease on the floor. Lance laughed as the yellow one jumped too, landing on his butt clumsily.

Lance stumbled forwards as best he could and jumped too, wanting to stay with the other mice. He squeaked loudly as the wind wipped across his face, floor rushing up to meet him. Suddenly this didn't seem like such a good idea.

Before he hit the floor in a probably painful way the fat yellow mouse slid under him and he landed on him, bouncing a few times before laying flat on his stomach with loud gasps of breath.

The mouse he was on grinned, sitting up and making Lance slide off his stomach onto the floor with an "oof."

Finally they made it to their destination after squeezing through a slightly open door, it was a room filled with blankets and pillows, spare ones probably.

There was no hesitation as the mice jumped into the mound one by one, squeaking happily at the comfort it brought. Lance joined in and soon they were all in a cuddle fest with Lance in the middle, surrounded by warm and soft bodies.

He sighed in content and slowly closed his eyes, feeling a sudden feeling of exhaustion and comfort sweep over him as he wiggled closer to his friends.

The room was dark and peacfull, silence falling for the first time that day until a distant shout rang through the room. It was far away so the sleeping mice didn't hear him but Lance thought for a second it sounded like Keith. "WHAT IF HE'S HURT! WHERE COULD HE HAVE GONE??" A smile crept onto his lips, yep. That was Keith.

(Hope you enjoyed! Sorry this one took a while, things have been... tense at home.)