"I'm an adult."

"It's still dangerous."

He looked at me. "I guess you're right. But you're still not flying it."

I groaned and started doing my math again.

"I don't think the kids in my class like me." I said, not looking up from my work.

Tony stopped working. "What, why?"

I shrugged. "I dunno, I just get the hunch."

"Did they do anything?" He seemed to be getting defensive.

"No. But when I introduced myself one kid asked if my dad was Iron Man."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, but I think that's all they care about. They don't want to be my friend, they wanna be Iron Man's daughter's friend." I finally looked him in the eye. He looked a little hurt. "I'm sorry... I didn't—"

"No, I understand. You need to make them like you for you." Tony said.

"How do I do that?"

"With your personality, it won't be hard. You've only been there for one day, they'll warm up to you. Don't worry."

I smiled and went back to work, as did he.

"I'm totally going to fly that suit." I said in a quiet tone.

"No you're not."

...

The next morning, Dad had a meeting or something, so Happy dropped me off at school.  We started the day with a video on Steve Rogers, a soldier who fought in World War II, was frozen for seventy years, and is now known as Captain America. AKA the guy that was in my freaking living room!

"Do you know him?" A voice caught my attention. It was the girl sitting next to me.

I hesitated before nodding, not saying anything and then looking back at the video.

"Have you met him in real life?"

Shut up. "Yes."

"That's cool." She said. I was shocked, she seemed so calm about it. I grinned, maybe not everyone here is crazy.

"Sometimes he acts like an old man." I joked, deciding to carry on the conversation. The girl giggled.

"Well, he kinda is." She said. We both laughed.

"Wanna eat lunch with me on the playground?" She asked.

I felt my heart skip a beat. "Sure."

When lunch rolled around, the girl, who I learned was named Lily, and I grabbed our lunch boxes and headed to the playground. We ate on a platform, away from the other kids. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, made by Mr Stark himself.

"So," she started. "What's it like living with Iron Man?"

"It can get pretty crazy, and weird." I took another bite of my sandwich. "I came downstairs yesterday morning, and all the Avengers were just chillin' in my living room!"

Lily laughed. "That's crazy. How did you find out he was your dad anyways?"

I felt my stomach turn, but ignored it. "Um, well I was in an orphanage for a long time, and then they matched my DNA with his. It just took a very long time."

"I'll say," she tried to lighten the mood. I grinned.

"What about you? Tell me about you." I said, wanting to get the subject off of myself.

"Okay, my mom is a stay-at-home mom, she takes care of my younger brothers and sisters, and my dad is a teacher at the school." She explained, pointing to the building behind us. "I have two sisters and three brothers. Mary and Elizabeth are twins, they're two, Jacob is five, Cameron is eight and Henry is ten."

"Wow, that's a lot. I don't have any siblings."

"You're lucky. They can be a pain!" She joked.

We finished our lunch and played on the playground for a while before going back inside. I fell off the monkey bars once and scraped up my knees, but other than that, this was the best day ever.