Chapter 14: Crescendo

Start bij het begin

"6 months isn't that long. And if you don't pass audition you can try out for our orchestra here. If you do pass, and I have faith you will. Then you're dream will come true. I'm proud of you for getting into this program my crazy girl." He leaned close, pressing his forehead to mine. I... I can't believe how calm his tone is, and his word choice. Sure I'm glad he's proud of me, but he seems so unbothered. Ugh!

"That's seriously all you're going to say to me?" I took a step back from him, our foreheads parting and his hand dropping to rest at his side. "We won't be together anymore, how are we suppose to be in this relationship if we will never get to see each other?! And how can this not bother you in the slightest!?" My angry tone said it all. His expression flickered for a moment, I thought I saw some hint of emotion but it was gone again in a flash. "You can't possibly expect me to believe we can do the whole long distance thing." I stood apart from him, hands on my hips expecting... I really don't know what I was expecting but whatever it was.. it wasn't the response I was going to get next.

"We haven't even been dating for very long so...." His voice was still calm as he trailed off. What? I'm pretty sure my jaw did that cartoon drop thing. He seriously just said that shit?

"Are you fucking kidding me Min Yoongi!!?" I don't know why I was so hurt, I mean logically he had a point. Yes I was falling for him but we'd not been together as a couple for very long. So why was I this pissed off?

"What do you want me to say?"

"I don't fucking know, but more than what you did. How about some emotion?!" My voice was a little shaky but for some reason I couldn't stop. I saw he was about to speak but I wasn't done.

"We don't know each other that well apparently because if we did then you would know I hate.. HATE when there's a lack in communication. I'm not a fucking mind reader, and I doubt you're a mind reader as well." I didn't even notice the tears that were coating my cheeks. Great Lyra... let's just ugly cry while we're at it. No.. nope I won't. I held in that part of me that wanted to ugly cry. I really had no reason, I was being irrational and I knew it, but I couldn't stop. My eyes searched his eyes and face for any sign of remorse and maybe compassion considering everything. He just looked at me and this time I kept my mouth shut while he spoke.

"I'm proud of you for getting the Audition. I wouldn't make you stay here for the sake of me though. What kind of person would I be to tell you to forget something you want to do... to forget your dream just so I can have you? If that were me, then you'd have been right about me when we first met." He turned and walked to the door, placing his hand on the knob and turning it slightly as he looked back at me.

"Let's enjoy one last day together okay? I'll be here early." He was soft spoken. I didn't know how to react, I was too busy yelling at myself for being so childish. I just nodded. One last day with him. I didn't like the feeling of loneliness that seemed to be creeping closer to me.

"Goodnight my crazy girl." He spoke it softly I almost didn't hear him, but I was glad I did. I wanted to remember that name, those words. He left and I locked the door behind him. The weird thing was the feeling of emptiness inside me. I shrugged it off and took a shower. After some dinner I crawled into bed in just a tank top and underwear. My head hit the pillow and my heavy eyes shut. I felt weak and beyond tired as I passed out.

*Knock knock*

I tossed and turned and tried to look at my phone to see what time it was. 8Am? Who the hell? I stumbled out of bed after not having slept very well and tried to slide my slippers on. My hair was a mess, I had on a tank top and shorts pajama set. I sluggishly unlocked and opened the door. I heard a laugh and the person at the door finally came into focus.

"You look amazing, really." Yoongi said with a chuckle. I blinked and tried to turn and look at the clock in my Aunt's kitchen.

"What? Yoongi it's like.... Before 9am. Why are you here so early?" My voice was groggy and I rubbed the sleepy sand out of my eyes. He just stood there with a violin case in his hand. I looked at him rather puzzled.

"Are you going to let me in or not?" He asked coolly. I nodded and held the door open for him. He entered and set the case down on the coffee table. As Yoongi sat down he patted the spot on the little couch next to him, signaling he desired me to join him. I kept thinking about how overly sensitive I was yesterday and as I sat down next to him I turned to speak, but he pressed his lips to mine and wrapped his arms around me before I could say anything. I just kept kissing him back, falling into the passion and need hidden in every breath we'd take before we embraced again and fell into the others lips. I don't know how much time had passed but it felt like 2 hours. I didn't bother to check the clock in the kitchen I just needed to say sorry for my childish behavior before it ate away at me.

"I'm so-" I started to speak breathlessly but Yoongi pressed his index finger to my now swollen lips.

"Don't, it's okay." He said, his breath deep as he almost purred the words. I nodded confirming my understanding and he turned back to the case and unlocked the locks on the front of it.

"I got a call from Max last night." He said as he turned back to me. "He wasn't able to save it completely, but you can hang it on a wall or I can get you a display case for it." His smile had a hidden sadness behind it, he wasn't forcing the smile but I could tell something else was on his mind. I looked at the case and gently lifted the lid. There sat my violin, my memory filled violin. I don't know why, but I felt myself crying. Yoongi pulled me into a tight embrace as I buried my face into his chest.

"It's okay.. I got you, let it out. You're mine for the next 24 hours. We can sit here and you can cry for as long as you need to." Yoongi's calm voice soothed me and I slowly backed out of the embrace and he held my face in his hands and wiped my salty tears away with his thumbs.

"So what do you want to do today?" He smiled that bright gummy smile. What am I going to do...