Chapter 2: The Lonely Producer

(This chapter will be from Yoongi's prospective, starting from right after his guard escorted Lyra outside.)

I watched as Han left with the strangely loud woman. 

"Mr. Min, the meeting?" Jae-suk, my assistant pulled me out of my thoughts and back to the matter at hand. I sighed deeply knowing what I was about to face. 

We entered the meeting room and of course there she was, Jina. One of today's most talked about pop stars, not because she's an amazing vocalist but because she seems to find herself involved in drama and she's also my on and off girlfriend. She dashed to me and put her arms around me gently, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back and pulled away, but not before she pressed her lips to mine.

"ahem, nice to see you as well." I tried to move the meeting along, I didn't want to be here longer than needed. I took a seat and she sat next to me, placing her hand on mine.

"Love, I think my next concept should be dark and sexy. And.."

"Wasn't your last concept dark and sexy?" Jae-suk interrupted her and honestly I was glad he did. She however found it to be rude.

"Jae, darling - when I want your opinion I'll ask, ok? Honey I think it could be great.. oh oh and you have to give me one of your songs, and.."

"Why don't you use your songs? You told me last week you had 5 new songs ready for me to listen to and adjust if needed." I looked at her and she pouted at me.

"I did, but you know my writer. Always changing her mind and editing stuff. I want a new writer, I want you to write for me baby~" She got close and I could smell the cigarette on her breath. Great, she was smoking again. How I didn't notice it before I'm not sure. My mind has been on things. I pulled away and folded my hands in my lap.

"Jina, I'm not writing for you. I have too much going on already." I sighed and rubbed my temples with my finger tips.

"Baby, I know you're busy but wouldn't it be great to do a song together? You know it's all I ever wanted." She batted her eyelashes at me, and whined. Something she knows damn well that I hate.

"Kenzie will handle your songs, but I advise you to consider writing something on your own. We talked about that last year, and you said you would give it a shot. Yet here were are and still nothing has been written. Or are you embarrassed to show me what you have?" I knew the answer, and I knew she's change the subject.

"I want to do a song with Mark then." She flipped her hair and smiled at me, I knew what she was doing, the game she was playing. 

"Fine, do a song with your ex." I was not going to play her little games, I wasn't in the mood. I noticed she leaned away from me and got up. She handed some papers to Jae and walked to the door.

"Jae has a list of my concept ideas, you can decide. I'm going to see if Mark wants to have lunch and write a song with me. Who knows, we might decide to form a unit and perform together." She giggled and waited for my reaction. I knew the reaction she wanted, and she wasn't getting it. 

"That might be a good idea. Power couple concept, two vocalists healing the world together with music. See I knew you had a better idea inside that head of yours." I stared at her and spoke calmly. Her expression was amusing, she failed at her little game and was visibly mad. She stomped her foot and pouted, once again she whined.

"So you'd trade your girlfriend off for a concept? How cruel are you?!" She puffed and opened the meeting room door.

"We broke up last week, I don't have a girlfriend right now." A sarcastic smile formed as I spoke. Her eyes widened and I held my laugher in till she huffed again and left the room, slightly slamming the door behind her.

"Are you alright Sir?" Jae looked at me concerned.

"I'm great now, in fact I think my headache is gone." I smiled at him and we laughed. "Tell Juni to order some lunch, I'm heading back to my office to get some more work done. No calls unless it's important, or an emergency." My tone was more somber than I intended and I noticed it only when I saw the slightly concerned look on Jae's face. I got up and he followed me out of the room.

I shut the door to my office and got to work, sorting through the forwarded emails from Juni. I noticed a particular one. The subject title caught me off guard a bit. -"To Mr. Min Dickhead." it was written in english, yet when I clicked on it the message was in korean. Suddenly this morning's happenings flashed into my mind. 

"The crazy woman?.." I read the email and found myself smirking.

"Dear Sir Dickhead,

Attached are pictures of the damage YOU caused when you were speeding and didn't see the crossing light was still flickering, meaning people still might be crossing! You also didn't notice the case in the middle of your path and just ran it over! I'll have you know that was a very important violin and I expect you to own up to your mistake and fix it! I would prefer it be repaired, if possible. I don't want money. I don't anything but my instrument fixed sir! I hope you can dig deep into your heart and find some compassion and understanding. You can contact me at this email anytime. Thank you." 

I couldn't help but laugh. I looked at the pictures and for some reason I laughed even harder. It wasn't the fact that supposedly I had crushed this woman's belongings but it was the fact that she was so bold. I remembered the way she charged right up to me and yelled at me. It was kind of cute. At least she didn't whine and play some sort of head game. She was blunt. I decided to write her back, just then Jae knocked and entered.

"Sir, it's the healing wings foundation again. About the fund raiser?" Jae bowed and I nodded.

"I'll take it in the car. Tell Juni to get a list of things the children need. I'll head over to Healing wings and talk to them personally." I made my way out of the building and headed off.

*5 hours later*

It was late, I was in my studio working on a few new tracks. Once I finished I made my way back into my office and laid my head on my desk for a moment. I noticed my computer was still on and that email was still pulled up. Should I write to her? No, I have no reason, she's crazy and I've done nothing wrong. I laid my head down against the desk again.

*brr brr brr*

I woke up with a jolt at the ringing sound. I picked up the phone and answered. "Hello, Mr. Min speaking". 

"Oh, you're already in Sir? I wasn't sure if it was too early or not. I'm on my way to get the supplies for the fundraiser and I thought I'd leave you a quick message incase you came in and I was still not back yet." Jae sounded more awake than I did.

"Early?.. wait what time is it?" I tried looking around for the time as I rubbed my eyes.

"It's 9:35 in the morning Sir." Jae sounded slightly confused as to my own confusion.

"Ugh, I fell asleep at my desk again." I sighed and I hear Jae chuckle a little.

"Sir go home and shower, we will meet up later and go over what I'm able to get." I could almost hear the warmth in Jae's voice. He was good friend and I appreciated the way he looked after me. Though I'd never tell him that to his face. 

After my shower at home, I took a long look around. I had a big 4 bedroom apartment in the upscale part of the city. Great view, large living spaces. My parents often wondered why I chose 4 bedrooms and honestly I had no reason, or maybe I did? I've never thought about it to deeply before. I live alone, work alone, eat alone, shop alone. I guess I just like my space and being alone? Heh.. but then why do I feel so cold all the time. Yes I had Jina on and off again, but that relationship was doomed from the beginning. She uses me when she's lonely, and I guess I do the same.

That was until last week. Once again she was cheating on me, but something was different this time. I honestly was happy about it, how weird is that? I have never heard of someone being happy that they're being cheated on. Yet there I was, telling her it was no problem that she cheated, we were over. But I honestly wasn't mad, which of course made her mad. Maybe I'm just too cold for anyone.. an unlovable man.