Then I finally see them.

Mop Head, Blondie, Clover and, the one I have never seen until now, Gena, are heading this way. Gena is a thin girl with long and scraggly brown hair. Her wide green eyes are like bugs', practically bulging out of her head. I think it's safe to say she's done her fair share of narcotics and it shows.

The four are speaking quietly to one another until Blondie lets out a loud laugh that has Mop Head whacking her over the back of the head. She quiets just as the four pass me by, completely unaware that I've been here for over an hour. My eyes catch a glimpse of a gun barely visible under Clover's hoodie. So I know he has one. Although I expected it, my breath hitches. There really will be guns. When I blink, I swear my eyes are shut longer than usual and I can hear the gunshot, see the blood then my eyes open and I've returned to reality. But the possibility of my future lingers in the back of my mind like a bad taste.

Blondie obviously has a pocket knife. I've seen and felt it. I'm not sure about the other two. Kane said to take out Blondie first, but wouldn't it be a better idea to get rid of those with a gun? Blondie can't catch me if she doesn't see me. A gun is far more frightening.

"When do you suppose the freak will get 'ere?" Mop Head asks with a low chuckle just as I squeeze in behind them before the door shuts. I lock it from the inside while quietly doing the same to the others. None are even looking my way so they don't see a lock magically appear on the doors. The large openness of the warehouse helps with sneaking.

"Bet he'll be late," Blondie answers. "He's such a lil pussy, probably cryin' in his room as we speak!"

Oh, I am going to enjoy this.

"S-Suppose he rats on us though?" Gena asks timidly. I glance back just in time to see Clover glare at her. She bows her head immediately.

"He ain't gonna even think about it. Kane is watchin' his mom and got the address to his friend's house. He'd be an idiot to try anythin'," Clover says far too confidently.

It's actually helping my nerves because all I feel now is this immense rage, this desire to make their stupid plan blow up in their stupid faces. They're going to regret the day they ever messed with me.

"What are we gonna do after this? When the boss finds out he'll wanna see the freak, suppose he'll let us work with him some more?" Mop Head asks while I head to the far end of the warehouse in the corner. Their voices are softer here. I can make the phone call without them noticing so I wait patiently (not really) for Kane's call.

"Does it matter? Let us work with 'im or not, we're bound to finally get recognized. He'll love us for bringin' this kid in. He's the perfect thief material."

I bite my lip. Although it was obvious that Clover's "boss" would meet me, should this go the way he wants it, it's scarier hearing the truth from him. They planned to hand me over like some art project to be sold. I can't imagine what would have happened if Kane didn't show up. I can't imagine surviving if this had gone the way he wanted. The life he and his boss would want me to live, it's not one I could accept.

Speaking of Kane though, I check my phone to find it's eight after six. Clover is looking at his own phone, seeming to be annoyed with my absence. That's proven correct when Blondie chimes in, claiming that she was right and should have bet on me. While they're arguing amongst themselves, I take that as the time to call the cops.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"There's some group stationed out in a warehouse on Schaeffer Street. They have guns," I whisper while keeping my eyes on Clover. None have heard me because they haven't so much as glanced in my general direction.