Nyonika and Harsh thanked the Pandit soon after which he walked off when Nyonika turned back towards Manan and took both of them in a tight hug.

Nyonika: Congratulations...

The two of them got out of the hug when Nyonika turned towards Nandini.
Nyonika: Nandini, I promise u this is gonna be a dream wedding. There would be everything that u guys would ever want and I m personally gonna make sure of each and every detail. Ohh yes, especially ur dress... U r gonna be the most beautiful bride there ever has been. And then I hv to renovate Manik's room also, we'll change it the way u two like, its too boyish now if u ask me, not exactly a couple room. I-

She stopped in between her words and looked at Nandini in concern,
Nyonika: Hey.... Why are u crying? I m so sorry Nandini, I just got too excited. I mean its ur wedding we will surely do it all ur way, if u don't want something then let that be.

Nandini immediately shook her head in a no, stopping her from saying any further.

Nandini: Thank u... Thank u so much aun- Mom... Thank u for all of this!
Nandini said to her softly with a slight smile on her face.

Nyonika caressed her cheek, wiping off her tears with a broad smile on her face.

Nyonika: I got my daughter back Today!

Nandini smiled at her words as she turned towards Manik.
Nandini: Thank u for giving me a Family again!

Manik: U know u don't need to thank me Nandini...
Manik said back to her before pulling her into a hug. Nandini tightened her hold around him as silent tears flowed down her eyes.

For almost all her life, she had waited for someone to care for her this way. Changing hostel rooms and a few rented flats became her home. The place she lived in now, seemed more of a hotel room to be used just to sleep and now here she had these loving people already thinking about her choices and her dreams.

She knew this was gonna be her family. But now she realised that she had actually forgotten all the love and care that came from a family. The feeling of warmth she got in that one embrace was so overwhelming that she couldn't just stop her tears.

She felt Manik's lips brush on the top of her head softly, leaving a feather like kiss which immediately seemed to calm her down. The ring of her phone made them break the hug. Manik wiped off her tears whispering softly,
'U Fine?'

Getting a satisfying nod from her, he left her hand allowing her to receive the call.

"Yes Rishu!"
Nandini said picking up the call as she excused herself away from all the others.

Nyonika noticed her going out of the room when she turned towards Manik to see his eyes fixed on Nandini's back.

Nyonika: I can't tell u how glad I m that u chose her! She is a gem...

Manik nodded at her words as he replied,
Manik: Maybe even the best one in that!
---------------------------------------------

Nandini: Let them be Rishu... I would hv anyways not attended it.

Rishu: But Di how can they even tell u to-

Nandini: Relax rishu... I'll handle it when I get home okay. Anyways, I hv something very important to tell u, I'll see u at home okay?

Rishab: I m going out to the club tonight with my friends Di... Anything important?

Nandini: No no its fine.... I just had something vefy good to share. U go on, We'll talk tmrw!
Nandini said brushing off the topic. Soon she disconnected the call before moving back to the living room as she joined the others.

Manik: No Mom... I don't know all this, u should discuss this with Nandini better. I m fine with whatever she wants.

Nandini: Discuss what with me...
Nandini asked going towards them as she sat next to Manik. As she sat Manik immediately held her hand, entwining his fingers with hers as he rested their hands together on his thigh.

Nyonika: We were just discussing whether u guys want a destination wedding or not.

Nandini: Umn... The idea is not that bad but I don't think we can arrange all that in such less time. Moreover we can also plan it here itself in Mumbai.

Harsh: Yeah... I think Nandini is right. See for the rituals I think we can plan it here in the Malhotra Mansion only and then the main wedding, we would book some hotel near the city. What do u think Manik?

Manik: I don't know... As u wish!
He turned back towards Nandini telling her to speak up.

Nandini: I think its perfect.... This way it would be convenient for our guests as well.

Nyonika: Ohk so that's decided. We'll plan it in Mumbai itself. We need to start the preparations as soon as possible, there is not much time. We will hv to decide the theme for all the events tmrw anyhow.

Manik: Don't worry Mom.... It will all be done. But for now, I would hv to excuse myself. Today is the deadline for the album. We hv to reach there in an hour.

Harsh: Ohh yes yes... All the best son! I m sure this album will also be a super hit as the others.
Harsh said patting his back.

Manik: Thanks dad... But chill!! Its just the final recording today.... The launch is gonna be a month later.

Nandini too got up after him and greeted Nyonika and Harsh a bye. She turned towards Manik and asked,
Nandini: Would u drop me back to office Manik? I hv got to take my car...

Manik: No ways... U r coming with me, I need u there!
Manik said holding onto her arm as he pulled her along.

Nyonika shook her head at her son's childishness while harsh simply smiled watching them move out of the house.

Harsh: Ur son is whipped!

Nyonika: Like father, like son!
Nyonika muttered under her breath but was heard clearly as she received a smirk from her husband.

Harsh: We both know u r not complaining darling....

A blush crept onto Nyonika's face as she rolled her eyes and walked away, with her husband following the path.
-----------------------

A very very Happy Makar Sankranti to all u people. All the gujarati's in the house... Special wishes to u all!

Well, sorry for the late update as I was traveling since the last few days. This year we all decided to celebrate sankranti in Gujarat for the first time ever and so I got quite busy with all the relatives and all.

Anyways.... Do mention ur views about the above part.

Lot's of love,
Navya😘