Chapter Nine Star Base

(Jades P.O.V)

I walked down the white halls of the large star ship. June was skipping along beside me, very excited about getting ice cream. I hadn't seen Bree all day. She must still be sleeping. I still couldn't understand how she could sleep so long! I entered the lounge and got June and myself some ice cream.

"This is really good," June excitedly devoured her chocolate ice cream.

"It is," I say eating plain old vanilla, my favorite.

"What are we going to do today?" June said eating her last spoonful.

"I don't know," I think of what a nine year old would want to do and can think of nothing.

"Can we explore?" She asks eagerly. Explore, again, she was so curious about everything.

"Ok," I say finishing my ice cream. We walk around the ship. June seemed to be enjoying herself.

(Bree's P.O.V)

My hands smoothly play the piano. Chekov had asked if I could play any instruments and I told him I could play piano. He wanted to hear me play, so of course I did. I had played three songs and I was doing my fourth because I enjoyed playing for people and he loved piano music. I finished what I was playing and Chekov clapped.

"What song waz zat?" He asked.

I turned around on the bench to face him, "Star trek the next generation."

"Zat waz my favorite," he smiled, "I must return to duty now."

"Ok see ya," he walks out of the room.

Now what. I looked around the room at all the other instruments and my eyes fell on a electric cello. I got up and stared to play my favorite song, Star Trek, again. I just finished when the captain walked in.

"I was wondering if you wanted to stay here or return," he asked.

"Like stay here or return to my home?" I asked unsure of what he was asking.

"Ya," he nodded.

"Well if I belong here I think I will stay here," I said.

"Ok and Jade told me that if you where staying then she was staying," he smiled, "Would you like to help with something?"

"Sure what is it," I hop to my feet.

"We have a problem on the bridge with the helm control, could you help?"

"Ya of course! I've read almost all the technical manuals and stuff about the ship," I say excitedly.

"Well let's go!" I follow him out the door.

We arrive at the bridge and Sulu is underneath the control panel trying to figure out what was wrong. The captain motioned me to him.

"Need some help?" I ask Sulu.

"Yes please," he said still working intently on the wires. I get under with him and find the problem. We fix it and the helm worked again.

"Thanks," he said with a grateful smile.

"Your welcome," he shakes my hand.

"Bree we are nearing a star base would you and Jade like to be transported there and then be taken to earth and study in star fleet?" The captain asked.

"I don't know, I would have to....." I was cut off.

"Sounds awesome!" Jade startles me.

"I guess it's a yes then!" I say with a smile.

"Well will be ready to transport you at o eight hundred hours," He smiles back.