Chapter five The fight

We rush down the hall. Spock told me we where headed to the bridge and he was going to do a full ship scan to find Jade. We arrive at the bridge and Spock goes directly to his scanner. I look around, so this is the bridge.

"Has Jade ever run away like this before?" The captain interrupts my moment with all the technology.

"No, not that I no of," I say.

"Captain I found her, she's on the storage deck," he says looking up, "With another life form."

The captain almost jumps from his chair and motions for me, Spock, Bones, and two security men to come with us. We get on the turbo lift and go to the storage. I didn't know what I would find. We arrive and split up to look around. I hear a muffled noise so I go to it. I turn the corner and find Jade. But she's not alone. A crewman is holding a knife to her throat.

"Not one step closer or she's dead," the crewman says with a smirk, "Don't call your friends either or you both die."

I stand there. I ball my fist and glance at my broken arm. The captain and Spock come behind me and stop when they see what's happening.

"Crewman," Kirk says in a harsh voice," Put that knife down now or there will be serious charges!"

"No," the crewman smirks.

I notice that Jades eyes aren't open and that her breathing is steady "What did you do to her?!"

"Just a little drug to keep her quiet," he seemed so satisfied with himself.

I hear Jim and Spock behind me whispering but I don't think the crewman noticed.

"If you can beat in a one on one fight I'll let this little thing go," the crewman stands up almost tossing Jade aside.

"Bree, don't do it," the captain warns.

"I'm sorry captain, I have to," I say smacking the crewman under the jaw.

He stumbles backwards but regains he balance and flies forward, I jump out of the way in time. He swings around and swoops his leg under mine and I fall to the ground. I get up furious. I fake hit him and he dodges to one side where I welcome him with a smack in the head with my cast. He crumbles to the ground, dazed. He was about to get up but Spock comes over and does the famous Vulcan nerve pinch.

"Wow, your a good fighter," Kirk seems both amazed and relieved.

Apparently the rest of the search party heard the commotion and came rushing over. I remember Jade and rush to her side. Bones comes up behind me to examine her.

"An overdosage of an 21st century drug," Bones says with great concern in his voice.

I peek at his tricorder and recognize what drug, " Tylenol?"

"Apparently," the doctor says," We gotta get her to sickbay, and fast!"

I carry her as me, the captain, McCoy, and Spock run down the hall. He arrive at sickbay and I lay Jade carefully on a bed. The captain and Spock go to the bridge and Bones let's be stay with Jade. McCoy starts to pump the medicine out and when he's finished let's Jade recover. He said she might be out for a while.