Cold-room Incident

Unknown's point of view

She's beautiful. All I could ever want in a mate and more.

But...She doesn't seem to know who I am. Or what I am to her.

I still remember the first day I saw her, smiling towards her brother and friends. I probably looked like a total creep standing there watching her but I couldn't help myself. She was the light to my darkness. Never could another compare to her. Her friend started stripping down to her bikini and yeah, she was hot but judging form the look she was getting as well as sending to one of the guys I assumed they were mates but when SHE started stripping, I had to hold in a growl and the urge to pummel the guys that stared at her as well, with lust pooling in their eyes.

She captivated me, I couldn't look away and when she jumped off that cliff, I knew it was safe but I wanted to go over there, grab her and throw her over my shoulder.

We're true mates god damn it! Surely, she should have smelt me when she was walking back up the hill. Yes, I was still standing in the same place the whole time she was talking to the couple at the bottom.

There's something different about her and I need a plan to get closer to her without her getting suspicious to find out what.

Back to Clair's point of view.

"Hellooo! Are you going to answer me?" He's ignoring me. He went back into the cold-room so I decided to follow him and closed us in, childish I know. "HA! Now you can't do anything until you answer me."

Well this is awkward and there's not much room in here... I should have thought this through first. He defiantly looks a lot bigger in this small room, I'm surprised he can fit oh wait, nope, he can't fit. He's crouched down so he can fit lol he looks funny. I couldn't help myself I started laughing.

"What are you laughing at? Hey stop it! You sound like a dying seal." Oh man his voice is... Wow I got shivers.

"Wow, rude much?" Asshole, hot asshole.

"Hey, I tell it like I see it and your laugh is..." He trailed off, I assumed he didn't want to dig himself into a deeper hole but nope, that is not the case. "Unattractive. Which is surprising cause you are easy on the eyes."

"Are you serious? How much of an asshole are you? You think that complimenting me after you insulted me is going to help your case?"

"No but it doesn't have too because I'm very likeable and you'll see that over the year." With that he picks me up.

"Hey, put me down you big ogre." How is this even possible, there's like no free space in here to begin with. Oh well that definitely makes some space. He pulled me closer to his body and I froze, no guy as good looking as him has ever handled me this way. That's probably cause Paul and Jake chase them away or if they get past the two knuckle heads then I've got to deal with them and boy are those days fun but that's enough going down memory lane.

"Oh, ouch."

"Stop doing that, stay still." I think he's trying to manoeuvre us around so he can be in front of the door but I don't understand why he didn't just reach around me or since he's so rude, he could have pushed me out of they way. But boy does his body feel nice, I can't wait to see what's underneath when- nope Clair get your mind out of the gutter.

Oh, no he didn't, "get your filthy hands of my lady bum you perve." He had the audacity to get a good feel in as he squeezed it. Which in return earned him a slap on the head. I don't think he liked that very much cause his eyes turned dark but too bad but he moves his hands higher and they rested on my hips as he moved his face in closer to the side of my neck.

His breath gave me shivers but I tried not to show it, although I don't think it worked because I could feel his lips form into a cocky smirk. "You have a nice bum sweetcheeks."

I flicked his ear twice. "Ever heard of personal space dude?" And gave him a shove backwards. Oops probably not the smartest idea because he fell... into the shelve and one row collapsed.

I watched as the tomatoes rolled off and dropped on his- I still don't know his name- head. I couldn't help myself I started laughing again but this time he joined in. His deep, rich laugh sounded so nice but what really got me laughing was when he snorted and I had to hold onto the wall to stop myself from falling over.

I am surprised Jake or Paul haven't came storming in here. Well I supposed they didn't see me come in because they were all out the front and their shifts don't start yet.

After our laughter died down, I wiped my eyes as he did the same. Okay well this is still weird and I'm getting cold so I moved towards the door just as he did and we ended up getting stuck, shoulder-to-shoulder.

"Ever heard of ladies first?"

"Yeah I have but you don't strike me as a lady." And with that he turned sideways and opened the door but just as he was about to walk out, I called out to him.

"Hey! Wait," when he stopped, I started up again. "What's your name?"

"Daniel, and you are?"

"Clair."

"Well sweetcheeks, I would love to chat some more but I have food to prep and customers to please."

"Don't call me sweetcheeks!" I don't think he heard me... maybe I should go talk some sense into him. Oooo OR maybe I can beat it into him. I found a cucumber on the floor, it must have rolled off the shelves, this would maybe do some damage otherwise I could just smash a tomato on his head.

Although from the messy look he is going for, as if he has been running his hands through his hair constantly. I think a tomato would make it look better.

No I can't jeopardise my job, so after arguing with myself for a couple of minutes I sulked as I restored the cold-room back to what I thought was an improvement, maybe moving a couple other things as well but who cares, not me. My shift ends REAL soon.

I cracked the door open a smidge and peaked out. All I could see was Daniel following Lorain and Max out to the front when I could hear Teagan, Paul and Jake goofing around. So I decided it was time to make my mad dash and split.

Going out the back door only to stand outside for a little bit until I heard some voices come back into the kitchen did, I make my way back inside. Where I found Max at the grill cooking something as Teagan was filling out a blue folder. At the end of your shift, you have to grab your folder-so the kitchen has blue and out front has yellow- and mark off the jobs you completed for the day.

"Hey, I was wondering where you went off too. Lorain said we could leave early so you ready to go?" From the look in her eyes I could tell that she had meet Daniel and we would be having a girl chat about this after we got home, it was like she could read my mind and knew about the cold-room incident. Although I reckon, she won't even make it to the car before she's firing questions at me left, right and centre.

"Yeah, just let me fill out my book and I'll meet you in the car." Fingers crossed he had an accident within the few minutes and I won't encounter him out the front.

Luck must be on my side for the first time in forever because he was nowhere in sight so I hurriedly scribbled my name into the book next to the jobs that I finishes, which Paul should be thanking me because I did them all except one, I'm going to let him clean the toilets.