Chapter 10

Kane's Pov

I'd forgotten that Ismae lived in the forest so I had to ditch my car at the edge of the road (I couldn't exactly drive my car in the woods, I'd probably do more damage to the car than the forest) and go traipsing and dodging trees, trying to remember the way to the clearing.

Eventually, I got there and when she walked out the door I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She wasn't dressed up all fancy but she was wearing more feminine clothing compared to her usual jeans and hoodie. She looked so badass and sexy with her purple tank top, black leather jacket and shorts. She even had heels on which was amazing considering I had heard her telling Mel the other day how much she avoided those 'death traps', she had called them. Her hair was up in a high ponytail revealing the soft skin on her neck. I could hear a faint voice at the back of my head saying 'Mark her. She's yours.' I shook my head and frowned. What the hell? Anyways, I shouldn't find her attractive. I was only being friendly 'coz I wanted to find out what she was hiding. Yup, that's it.

Ismae's Pov

"Is something wrong?" I asked as I saw him frown. I was kinda nervous 'coz this was my first date a- no. This is not a date, I corrected myself. Kane is just my ride for the party. Yeah.

"Uh, no. Nothing's wrong. You look great." He smiled sincerely.

"Well, it's good to know that I look okay." I laughed nervously.

Using out vamp speed, we made our way to the edge of the forest in silence.

"Well, hop in. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Colton's place." He gestured me towards the open passenger door.

I got in, albeit reluctantly. The driver's door slammed shut and Kane started the engine. We drove for about 7 minutes in awkward silence. The tension in the car didn't evaporate. I glanced at Kane, admiring the way his muscles bulged underneath the tight black shirt he wore. He noticed me staring and chuckled lightly when I hastily averted my eyes.

"Were you checking me out?" He asked, looking at me gleefully.

"Just shut up and pay attention to the road." I snapped, annoyed that he'd caught me looking. Uhgh. Does anything ever miss his attention? He concentrated on the road again and I sighed, thinking that I'd be able to avoid him once we got to the party. However, Kane seemed to have other plans.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, gripping my arm and leading me towards a secluded corner.

I huffed and crossed my arms against my chest impatiently, "I was getting away from you."

He narrowed his eyes, "Isame, whatever you're planning to do, don't do it. I know for a fact that you don't like parties and this party is not ideal for someone who hates our kind. You don't know any of these vampires and you've got an ulterior motive for being here tonight, I just know it. So if you think that for one second I'm going to let you out of my sight, then dream on."

I gaped at him as he stared me down, daring me to deny his accusations.

"Fine," I snapped, "But this is my only chance to find out who murdered my pare-" I closed my mouth quickly before I gave him any more information about my past.

He looked confused for a minute.

"What do you mean? What are you taking about?"

I stood there, looking at him and assessing the situation. This party had loads of vamps. Which meant that any of them could have info about my parents murderer. But Kane wasn't gonna let me go off on my own; That I knew for sure. So I could either suck it up and tell him about my past or I could just wait for another chance to confront some vamps. Keep my secret or confess about my parents and then get something out of these vamps? I sighed, knowing I was gonna choose the latter.

Grabbing his arm, I marched upstairs, shoving him into an empty room and locking the door behind us. Giving him my best death glare, I asked, "Can I trust you to keep a secret?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I promise that I won't tell anyone about whatever the hell is going on." I searched his eyes for signs that he was lying but all I could see was honesty with some other emotion flickering in his dark goldish eyes.

"Right. Good. Just know that if you don't keep your word, then I will kill you."

I took a deep breath and then began, hoping that I was doing the right thing.

A/N: Picture is of Colton (Alex Pettyfer) and Mel (Taylor Swift). I soo ship them in real life and in my story! Tell me what you think :D