Chapter 3

Kane's Pov

I chased her into the forest behind our school and I was gradually gaining on her. She kept on twisting through the trees and by now we were deep inside the forest.

I was right behind her and tackled her to the ground. She went down with an 'oomph' and I flipped her over so that I could see her face. Yup. She was definitely the same girl from the alley.

"What's your name?" I asked, " and how do you know about vampires?"

She just glared at me but answered, "I know about you bloodsuckers 'cause I am one."

"Why do you say that as if it's a bad thing?"

"Because it is a bad thing. Who would want to suck the life out of innocent people?" she spat. Her gorgeous eyes held a barely concealed fury and I was captivated by them.

"You don't need to drink from humans. You can go veggie." I replied, snapping out of my trance.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.
I shrugged. "You can drink from animals instead of people. I do; my whole family does." She stared at me for a second before smiling. It was breathtaking.

"I never thought about doing that. Thanks for the tip but I've gotta go now." She quickly got up from underneath me and ran off, deeper into the woods. I followed her.
We arrived at this spacious clearing in the woods and in the middle was a little cottage. Cute. Just like her. I realised that I still didn't know her name.

"You never told me your name."

"Ismae. Yours?"

"Kane." I smiled. I liked the name Ismae. She looked at me after I told her and said, "Well Kane, I guess you're not my enemy and you don't mean any harm towards me."
I'm confused now.

"What do you mean?"

"Only people who don't wish to harm me can enter this clearing. And since you entered, you're not my enemy. For now." Hmmm.. this girl isn't an average vampire. She was very closed off and her face remained expressionless the whole time I talked to her. It was like she didn't have any emotions. Only her eyes spoke what she felt like inside. Ismae was a mystery. One I intended to solve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys. This story is gonna be on hold but not for a long time. Just like a week or two as I would like to finish my other story. Sorry about this! I promise that I will update as soon as possible though!