85.

Rosetted Speckled Pygmy Snowgrune

The Rosetted Speckled Pygmy Snowgrune was first released on September 25th of 2014

The Rosetted Speckled Pygmy Snowgrune was first released on September 25th of 2014. They come in various colors.

Acquisition

Rosetted Speckled Pygmy Snowgrune are not currently available in any site shops or quests. They can also be bred or purchased from other players.

Breeding

Breeding a pair of Rosetted Speckled Pygmy Snowgrune requires 1 green stone. They have 2-3 babies per litter and require 18 days to gestate. The gestation period can be lowered to 5 days by using pregnancy potions. They cannot be used to breed hybrids at this time.

Encyclopedia Entry

An adult pygmy snowgrune is a large, heavily built creature, averaging around 500 pounds. Slow but very powerful, it feeds on plants as well as various large prey, and seems to especially love to eat fish. There are some rivers that pygmy snowgrunes are known to gather around in groups to fish from at certain times of the year when the fish are the most plentiful. These shaggy animals have huge appetites, and eat all they can to store up fat for winter. In some regions where food is scarce during the winter, the pygmy snowgrune will find or dig a den for itself and hibernate.

The pygmy snowgrune is normally solitary, but sometimes lives in small family groups, usually a mother with her babies. It is said that other creatures will avoid attacking a mother pygmy snowgrune who has babies with her, because she will defend them to the death. Male pygmy snowgrunes grow larger than females and compete to impress them. If two males meet up that are the same size and strength, they may have a wrestling match to determine who is stronger.

Despite their strength and ruggedness, pygmy snowgrunes have an easygoing nature and are relatively easy to keep as pets, provided they are given enough food, space, and freedom to perform natural behaviours. They must be taught not to play-wrestle with their owners. While this is cute when they are cubs, as they grow up, it becomes dangerous.

This is a rosetted speckled pygmy snowgrune, a variety that often lives where the boreal forests meet the icy tundras. Its spots normally are made of two colours instead of the usual one.

Rosetted Speckled Snowgrune