"I know Le, I'm not mad at you. Especially from the way you've been glowing these past few days." She smiles, nudging me. I just smirk, taking a sip of my drink. Who wouldn't be after a six month dry season?

"Why, aren't you two a sight for sore eyes." A voice says from behind us. We turn around to see two men staring at us intently. "Excuse me?" Mimi asks with an eyebrow raised.

"Oh! Sorry, how rude of me. I'm Rome and this is my friend Roger."

"Nice to meet you two ladies."

Mariah gives me a look I know all too well. She wants to entertain them. "It's nice to meet you two gentlemen too. I'm Mariah and this is my girl Lela."

"Hello." Roger confidently runs his eyes up and down my figure and stares into my eyes. He smirks seeing I'm not shying away under his gaze.

All of a sudden a commotion breaks out near the front of the ballroom. "See! I told you she was here." Mimi moves around to get a better look and I follow. The wife looks shocked while the mistress yells about him promising to leave his wife. Security is called and they escort all three of them out, but not before the wife can throw her drink in his face.

"Damn! She should've got that fool better." I laugh, watching them argue while being escorted out. "You go Kate!" Mariah hollers. "The wife isn't going anywhere. Too old to be single." Rome states, walking up next to her.

Roger comes up next to me, agreeing with with friend, but I don't. "You don't know that. I doubt this is the first time, so this may be the last time."

He looks over at me with a lifted eyebrow. "Are you talking to me?"

I playfully roll my eyes, "I'm looking right at you, aren't I?" He steps back and chuckles. "And do you like what you see?"

"Hmm..maybe. But I know you like what you see."

-END OF FLASHBACK-
...
[Present]

"Mademoiselle...you look amazing."

Roger takes my hand and spins me around to admire my dress. "This little thing is going to get us in trouble Lela."

"Hmm, I like the sound of that."

"I know you do." He pulls me to him and kisses me hungrily. His hand slides down to my ass, squeezing it. He groans and pulls away, "I love it when you do what I say."

"Don't get use to it. Now, you ready to go?"

"After you my fine lady.."

We exit my apartment building and get into his green Rolls-Royce. I won't lie and say I don't feel fancy around him, cause I do. He definitely lives like he has money, unlike Nelson who isn't very flashy. I'm not saying I like to flash wealth or anything, I'm saying they have their own style and a part of me is attracted to what each of them have to offer.

"Did I tell you you're smelling divine this evening mama?" Roger caresses my thigh with one hand while the other is on the wheel.

"No you didn't. I guess we're just two divine smelling people."

"Ya damn right! Did you pick what movie you wanted to see?"

"Mmhm." I stop his hand from venturing too far to the promise land. He's trying to start something. "How about we put both hands on the wheel?"