The First Date

John held a hand to Sherlock's face.

"Sherlock, you say such sweet things. I never knew you cared!" John laughed. Sherlock frowned, missing the sarcasm.

"I know John. And that was a mistake I will never make again. I promise." Sherlock leaned down and kissed John again. John pulled away and smiled.

"Sherlock, if this dinner date really is going to happen, we need to leave." John made a move to go to his room, but Sherlock grabbed his hand. John turned back to look at the taller man.

"John, I meant it. It's been so long, I can't believe I never said anything sooner." John frowned, confused. He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

"So long since what, Sherlock? We met?" It was Sherlock's turn to laugh.

"No, John. So long since I fell in love with you. Of course, since that was so soon after we met, with you shooting that rotten cabbie and everything, they are basically the same thing." John grinned, but sighed. "What, John?"

"Nothing, I just- I can't believe I didn't say anything either. All this time we could have, you know, been together but weren't." Sherlock shook his head.

"Do not dwell on the past, John. Nothing will ever get solved that way. Trust me, I did a study on it-"

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did!

"No, you didn't Sherlock." Sherlock sighed.

"Alright, okay, I didn't. But I almost did!" Sherlock grinned, turned on his heel, and went to his room to change. John watched him go, then chuckled to himself. He had done it. It was over. He had finally, after all of this time, asked out Sherlock. And Sherlock said YES!

-

"John, this is, uh, truly delightful. Where are we?" Sherlock looked around, but honestly had no idea where to go. No people, no cars, not even a single bird.

"Lost. I believe, Sherlock Holmes, that we are lost."

"I know every street in London, John. We aren't lost..." Sherlock started walking to the left, then frowned and went to the right. John sighed.
"Sherlock we are LOST. Not a great date special especially as it's first." John hung his head and sighed. Sherlock frowned.
"I don't think of this as our first date, John. We've gone out many times."
"Not as a couple, Sherlock, I-" John blushed, realizing the assumption he had just made. That he and Sherlock were a couple. Sherlock had only said to go on a date! Sherlock chuckled and smiled at John.
"It's okay, John. I already think of us as a couple too. But based on what you have told me, you have liked you for a while. Seeing as I have loved you since the very beginning, I think that every breakfast, lunch, and dinner since you started to like me was a date. Thats what a date is, is it not? A meal or event that two people who have romantic interest in each other attend together?" John grinned.
"Only one thing wrong, Holmes. I don't like you." Sherlock frowned and shuffled his feet. "I bloody adore you!" John took Sherlock's hand, gave the taller man a short peck on the cheek, and pulled Sherlock down the road.
___________________________________________________
A/N
Hey! So here is the update, as was asked for. If we get to 200 reads, let me know (I'll be checking)! Again, new story part or new story?
See at 221B!
-Anna ❦