9 | B A T H E

The discomfort of standing in the feminine products part of the store was beginning to set in

He was a tall, lean, copper-brown haired boy with fit muscles and a rough scowl standing in a place basically designed for women. In other words, he stuck out like a sore thumb. Or even better, a fish swimming through a sandy desert.

Two women, one of which was hormonal and very pregnant, had already hit on him. But he paid no mind to them. He was there for Raina and only Raina.

Confusion had made the trip already an extra seven minutes longer and so he pulled up trusty google and searched:

What feminine products are best for a small girl?

His free hand drifted to a box of colorful looking sticks but that's exactly when he noticed an article stating that the sticks caused 'toxic shock syndrome'. He wasn't going to click on it and waste more time but the word shock turned him away from them completely. If they would cause any harm to his little girl, he wasn't going to get them.

He ended up getting overnight pads with wings and thin pads for her lightest day - whatever that was.

When his eyes caught sight of an article that said in bold 'side effects of the menstrual cycle' he internally cringed.

He grabbed a big box of pain pills and he was going to stop in the chocolate section but then he stopped himself. He'd spoil her later; so she didn't think he was easing up on her so soon.

He grabbed a paddle brush, hair pieces and a headband thing that she could tie around her hair before making his way towards the casheirs.

The smell of soaps made him realize that he still needed to bathe her and he could have used his own body wash on her, but he remembered the distinct smell coming off of her the first day he had brought her home. 

Almost all the soaps were opened and sniffed before he was finally able to settle on one that smelled the most similar. 

Gentle green apple

He rolled his eyes when he caught sight of an older woman staring at him rather obviously and all he did was grab his things and walk to the cashiers.

Usually, he would have flipped off anyone staring at him but this time; something was different.

°○°○°○°

When he got back home, Raina was in the same spot he had left her in; but this time she was leaning her back against the side of the tub with her eyes closed.

"Were you a good girl while i was gone?" He asked as he placed the plastic bag on the bathroom counter.

Her eyes shot open and he noticed how she perked up at the sight of him. It made his insides feel warm for some strange reason.