2 | S H OT

Two years later - age 23

It was a cold, dark and gloomy night. Well, more so morning.

2:08 AM - to be more precise

It seemed to match the mood of the scene in front of Dominic - the one of which he had become accustomed to. Sadly.

It didn't make him sick to his stomach any longer like when he was twenty one years old and significantly more innocent. When he didn't have as much experience in the game. The sick twisted game.

As long as he wasn't the one behind the gun; he didn't flinch.

If he backed away from a challenge all the time - he wouldn't still be alive. And he wouldn't be second in command to his best man. The guy who had his back since the day he was pushed down in the halls in middle school and he busted his lip and chin.

Rowan had taught him to get back up and use the injury as a way to keep himself going. To keep fighting.

And the two had stuck together ever since then. There was no separating them. Not unless death came to claim one of them.

"I know you're not new to that bar," Rowan said in his deep, gravelly voice as looked down at the guy on his knees in front of him. "I run my bar with fair rules. I like to keep a bit of organization in my place of business. And that's why I have rules. And... most of my regulars know the rules by heart now. You're a regular, aren't you?"

The shaking man nodded slowly. "Y-yes sir."

"So you can properly list off my five bar rules then?"

"N-no sir."

Dominic rolled his eyes and kicked the guy in the back; both of them knew he knew the rules. No one stepped foot into Rowan's bar without reminding themselves of the five rules. Most men valued their lives.

Clearly, this man did not.

"Bullsh-t!" Rowan cursed as he pulled out his gun and he took the safety off. "Five rules."

The mans hands trembled and he immediately got to talking. "Don't start unnecessary fights. No nudity. Don't bring in date rape. No harassing workers and servers..." he began to trail off.

Dominic nailed him in the back with his Tim's and he wheezed. Rowan gave him a nod of approval and he nodded back.

"And don't harass your girl."

Rowan chuckled darkly. "Everyone knows that's my number one rule. But yet... you were still foolish enough to touch my girl. Tell me, do you value your life?"

The man opened his mouth to speak but Dominic just kicked him the back again. "Don't answer that."

"Where do you want to be shot? You can choose somewhere quick and painless if you'd like," Rowan said as he waved the gun in scanning motion over the mans body.

"No, please. I'm a father. I have a family," the man pleaded shakily.

Rowan looked to Dominic with his dark eyes and raised a thick eyebrow. "Does he?"

Dominic gave him one simple nod. "Yes. But he's abusive sir. Broke his little boys arm."

Rowan scoffed and turned to look the man in the eyes. "You're not a father. You're a piece of sh~t." 

And then he shot him dead.