16 | I N T O X I C A T E D

The men around Dominic could all feel how tense and stressed he felt

The men around Dominic could all feel how tense and stressed he felt. When Dominic was stressed - they were too.

They're small group of men found a priceless value in women. There was something so comforting about having them around.

They were more than dolls and toys for people to play with. More than entertainment, though they were pretty good at cracking a few silly jokes.

They were everything.

Well, to Dominic, Raina was everything. She was the sweet thoughts in his head, the warmth in his bed and his heart. She was beauty and grace and his right hand. Someone (despite the position he forced her into) he trusted.

And what was crazy to him, was that she wanted him around. She found safety and comfort in him. She was so so good for him - and he felt he didn't deserve not a bit of her sweet affection.

She was an angel.

"Listen up, the VIPERS work quickly. So this is time sensitive. If we take too long, Raina might be just a shell of herself. And if we move too fast and without thinking, they'll hear us coming and this whole get in and get out is going to end in disaster," Rowan said seriously.

All the men listened closely, Rowan's authorative voice booming around the blank room. Dominic bounced his knee anxiously.

"This is about balance and thinking. I've set up a middle station in the west for if there are any serious injuries that need medical attention. You'll call my girl before you get to the gate and she'll let you in and lead you up to a room." The men nodded, knowing exactly what room he was talking about. "Our main goal is Raina and getting her out safely and back to Dominic here."
Rowan gave Dominic's shoulder a reassuring squeeze and he nodded back to him as a sign of thanks and respect. "Lets get moving!"

The men all got up and slipped into heavy, weighted motorcycle jackets and their gloves. Dominic held eye contact with every single one of their men and gave them a subtle nod, silently thanking them for the efforts. They hardly knew about Raina, but they knew Dominic. And they all wanted him to have at least one constant thing in his life.

___

Raina was.. undeniably drunk. The men had forced her to take sips of their drinks as they went around their room, talking of their acheivements in violence and women.

The way they talked of things so casually and easily sent shivers down her spine. If it wasn't for the voice pushed into the back of her head, she'd be glad she was drunk enough to forget about all the scary things the men around her talked about.

She hadn't come across one decent person in.. months maybe. Other than Dom of course but even she knew some of his morals were twisted. She had no idea how much time she'd been with Dom. But time had started to move faster when she was with him. And she wanted more. More time.

She pushed away the shot glass the men pushed into her face and they all cheered loudly, wanting her to drink it down. They were too loud. So so loud.

Raina blinked her blue eyes repeatedly and let out a frustrated huff when the crowd of men began to close in around her. She was shorter than a majority of them and she was beggining to feel closed in - trapped.

She was trapped.

She shoved one of the shorter men back when he came too close and the room seemed to fall silent as the man who talked with her in the basement sneered at her.

She took note of his scruffy face. His head seemed too big for his body. But his body seemed too big as well.

She groaned, her head spinning when she felt him push her. She tumbled onto the floor and clutched her head, not liking the sick feeling rising in her throat. "St-stop," she attempted to say over the noise of the rowdy, drunk men.

The room was too small for all of them. It was hot and congested.

"You don't tell me what to do," the man said darkly as he grabbed her brown hair in his hands and tugged her up onto her feet.

She couldn't find the energy in her to shout at him. She couldn't remember how to talk all of a sudden.

"Awe, the poor girls out of it. I think its time we send her to the basement, she'll sleep real good," the man chuckled as he picked her up.

She started to squirm in his arms but simple hard slap to her face sent her into a daze. She hardly felt it, but it had knocked her limp.

Raina remembered hangly limply over the mans shoulder as he carried her and she craned her head up, her vision focusing on a window that opened up to a dead looking front yard, cars parked wildly around it. She could have sworn there was a man lying on top of a car, either passed out. Or dead.

Her vision faded out again and then the next moment her eyes refocused on stairs, foot prints of different sizes scattered over them in different colors. One shoe print in a browning red.

She gagged as he dropped down a steeper step and her vision turned dark again. She came to again a few seconds later, her head lulling to the side as her arms were raised above her head.

It was only until she heard the rattle in her ears that she realized she was being tied up. Or chained up.

Her vision faded again and when it refocused, she sat slumped against the wall with her arms chained above her head. And there was a chill. Her last peice of clothing was gone - and so was the last bit of respect she had for herself.

The only warmth she received was from the blood dripping from her stomach, caressing her pale skin as it dripped down to between her legs, staining her skin red. How she had started bleeding, she had no idea.

Three men stood in front of her, admiring her like a painting on a wall and she tried to pull her wrists free, wincing when it just rubbed her delicate skin raw.

It was suddenly freezing cold in the room and her vision faded again but her teeth started chattering and then men laughed, their footsteps starting to fade away. They were leaving.

Was that a good thing? No. No it wasn't.

"Let me go! Please, let me go!" She screamed. "Don't leave me alone!" She cried, squirming around as the shivers started to rake through through her small body. She'd freeze to death soon. And Dom wasn't there to keep her warm.