The Lost Ones - Chpt 14

Chpt 14.

*Ash/Eliza POV*

"Hey Eliza, darling, wake up"

I heard a beautiful, deep voice whisper in my ear. The deep slumber that took me, was suddenly going away, calling be back to the land of reality. I opened my eyes to reveal myself lying in a bed, the room's walls rustic and neat. To my left was Y/N, holding up my hand to his lips, kissing it.

"Y/N? You stayed with me?" I asked, my voice raspy from my parched throat.

"Ja, liebling. Ich bin da." He said, grabbing a glass of water from the bedside. "Yes, darling. I am here"

"Calm down. You need rest." He said, helping me tilt the cup to my mouth.

With one hand, he took the glass and placed it on the bedside, his other, gently caressing my cheek. I felt so happy. Appreciated. Loved. It left a smile on my face, seeing care so much of me, to be here for me.

"Eliza, I know I –" Y/N started, but was cut off by the door opening revealing a freshly awoken Monika, her short, blonde hair in a mess and her bare body covered by a thick quilt.

"Liebling?" Monika said, pouting. "Darling? I missed you. You were gone too long."

Immediately, I felt the warmth of Y/N's hand gone from my grasp, leaving it cold and lifeless. He gave me a regretful, cold, emotionless smile, which robbed me of mine.

"What is happening Y/N?" I asked, ignoring the pain in my throat.

"I was about to tell you Eliza, I'm with Monika now. I know I told you I would go out with you, but Monika had always had a place in my heart. From the day I met her in the hospital, I fell in love with her. You are an amazing, beautiful woman but I can't be with you. The only reason I would go out with you, was because I asked you to help me find my family, nothing else."

I felt my heart drop.

Why? My feelings for him were genuine. Is this what I deserve? To have the man I liked, no, love, reject me so deliberately, so painfully?

I did not know what was happening.

Why? I did not force him to do this. I may have been a little demanding, but I did not force him. Why do I care what he says? Why does it hurt so much?

I did not want to know what was happening.

I felt my strength drain from my body as he stood to go to Monika. I looked on powerlessly as I saw her pull him to his lips, him melting into it, thoroughly lost in her. I cried. The man I loved, who would not love me back. With all the strength I could gather, I tried to call for him, reach out for him. Trying to bring him back to me. Giving it all I had.

"Y/N please!" I yelled, my voice raspy and soft, as though the water given to me was not enough, my hand reaching out for him.

He ignored my desperate pleas, as though I did not even say my words.

"Please Y/N! Don't do this please!" I begged.

And then the quilt dropped, his hand, trailing down her belly, reaching for her womanhood, I felt my strength left me. The last thing I saw before my head started spinning. The man I loved. He did not love me back.

*GASP*

"ELIZA! WAKE UP!"

My eyes burst wide open. I felt someone shaking me vigorously, but I could not see who. Everything was blurry. I was coughing erratically, my throat unbelievably dry, making it hard and painful. I could not breathe properly. My mind was everywhere. The "dream". The voices. The blinding lights.