Chapter Six: Welcome to Connecticut

In his Fourteen years alive, Collin had never left the state of New York before. Collin always thought that his first time outside the big apple would be to some sort of family vacation, not a runaway mission. Connecticut was a fairly small place but it had some nice views of cities and forests. Collin had made it to his first stop on his path to safety.

"So I was thinking, if we drive this way for a while and then we head up north, we could drive right through Windsor and and into Massachusetts." Nathan announced. "That's a good idea." Dayna replied. They had reached the pizza restaurant. "So lets go get that pizza." Collin suggested. They walked into the pizza place and kept their heads down to avoid any attention. A boy no older than seven years of age walked up to Collin and smiled before he ran back to his mother and tugged at her sleeve. "It's him mommy it's him!" The boys mother looked at her son. "Who sweetie?" The young child pointed at a television above a table. "The boy on the TV!" Collin turned around and walked to his table. He didn't want to attract any attention to himself. He sat down at a table and ordered a pizza for himself and his friends. "Um, I'm sorry to interrupt but my son, he thinks your the guy on the news." Collin choked on some water. "Well uh. . . Actually I am." The woman was shocked to hear that Collin was really the boy on the television. "My son is n the bathroom right now, can you tell me what happened to you?" Dayna leaned in. "He's being hunted by an insane murderer for something that happened about a year ago where he was hunted by the psychopath's dad." She blurted. Collin looked at her very agitated. "Oh, should I call the police?" Collin shook his head in disagreement with her. "No, that would only draw attention, I'm trying to lay low until we get to the far west, hopefully California. If the police know my location than my killer will find me, and than he'll kill everyone who ever spoke to me, including you." The woman said no more and left them there. He knew that he was trying to stay safe but he had just terrified a random lady.

In a garage down in Queens, thirty criminals and their leader Shane Farris were hunting down a fourteen year old boy named Collin Pierce. "Scar, Where is he going?" A six foot man stood at the end of a dark room with others out waiting on the catwalk of the garage. "Before our car crashed, Collin was headed west for Pensilvania." Shane sneered at his henchmen man. "You idiot, Collin Pierce is much more deceptive than most teenagers." The man called Scar looked down. "Dennis, Nick, take Scar to the fireplace, I bet he needs to warm up after that horrible car accident." Then Shane grinned, it was an evil grimacing smirk. "You're going to kill me, after my three years at your side!" Shane laughed. "Well, you've gotten a little boring, boys, kill him." Shane left the room to enter his office. Two men grabbed Scar by the arms and struggled to drag him into the burning room where they would incinerate him. Scar reached for his pocket ripped out a knife and spun it around, cut off Nick's hand off and and swung the blade into Dennis's eye. "Agh!" They both cried. "It was nice knowing you boys, but this is not my final chapter. Goodbye." He took his blade and cut both their throats open. Blood seeped all over the room.  Scar bolted right out of the garage and onto the streets of New York. He disappeared behind an alleyway and crouched down beside a garbage can. "I, Damien Moore will find Collin Pierce, I will join forces with him and I will kill Shane Farris and every one of his men."

The sofa in Nathan's van wasn't the most comfortable of sorts but for a van, it was pretty good. Collin had been traveling with Dayna and Nathan for almost a day now whatcha meant that their wouldn't be very much time before Shane began his hunt. "Ok guys, I'm going to park in this parking lot, they allow free parking at the grocery store right?" Nathan asked. Collin smiled. Collin's phone began to ring, he reached for it and found that an unknown caller was calling him. "Hello, who is this?" He asked. "Is this Collin Pierce?" A voice said. "Yes, how did you get this number?" The voice was very unfamiliar. "I don't really know, but I need to warn you, Shane is starting his hunt soon, he knows that your not headed west yet, he's coming for you. You should know that I'm on your side. My name is Damien Moore and I used to work for Shane, but I recently found out that I was helping the wrong people." Collin looked surprised. "Guys, someone is trying to help us. "Thank you, I hope to see you soon, Damien Moore." Collin put down the phone. Collin found his bed up in the roof of the van. He laid there quietly before falling into a deep sleep. Shane was coming for him soon, and something made Collin think that this Damien Moore wanted Shane dead more than he did. Perhaps mr. Moore would make an exceptional allie.