Chapter Seven: Bad Service

It was a long trip on foot to get to Connecticut, especially when you're being hunted by your insane former employer. Damien walked into a bar in the small state of Connecticut to try and find Collin Pierce before Shane did. The bar was a dimly lit place with lots of partying and fighting and drinking everywhere, it made Damien feel great. He wandered over to the bartender and slammed his hand against the table. "Whiskey." He demanded. The bartender wasted no time getting the whiskey for him, all of Damien's career working for Shane, he could get anything he wanted by scaring people. He couldn't deny the horrifying scar that had wrecked his face. He was six and a half feet tall, covered in muscles and usually blood. Damien scavenged around the bar until he found who he was looking for. There was a group of four twenty year olds sitting at a table enjoying a pizza. Damien made his way over to the corner table and stared at a young woman for a few moments before he introduced himself. "You. You work at the pizza store down the road, correct." Damien's expression was unmoving, just as he was unshakable. "Uh, Yeah, do I know you?" Damien frowned. "No, but I have some questions for you, come with me." The girl shrugged at her friends. Damien sat the girl down at a small table and began to interrogate her. "What's your name girl?" He asked. "Um, my name is Linda." The girl was shaking with fear. "A few days ago, you served three individuals, two male, one female, ages fourteen and fifteen. They answer to the names; Collin Pierce, Dayna Matthews and Nathan Matthews." Linda nodded. "They said they were on some sort of road trip I think." Damien leaned in. "Did they say where their next stop was?" She looked confused. "I'm sorry who are you?" Damien raised his eyebrows at her. "My name is Damien. There, I answered your question, now you answer mine." He asked her again. "Where did they say they were going next?" She hesitated, then told him. "They said they were going to Vermont for a couple of days to repair their van and to rest in a decent hotel." Damien sat back in his chair. "Thank you, if a man who looks to be in his early twenties shows up and asks you these questions, I want you to tell him that you're only visiting and that you're from Boston. Understood?" He asked. Linda nodded and left in an instant. "Whiskey, two of 'em" Damien shouted. The bartender rolled his eyes. "I'll get your god damned drinks, but first I'd like a word in the back." Damien only ever took orders from himself and Shane, but now it was only himself. He reluctantly followed the man into the back room of the bar. "So, Shane sent you out here to do a job." Damien pretended not to know what he was talking about. "Who are you?" He demanded. "Name's Zach, Shane Farris stationed me here a few weeks ago." Damien recognized the name Zach. "Zach? Aren't you the guy who caused a city block to blow up in Washington?" Zach nodded. "Yep, Shane warned them, and they didn't listen." Damien looked at him like he was a stupid insect. And with all of his strange facial disfigurations from explosions, he looked quite the part. "Shane sent me to find a boy and bring him back to him." Damien lied. "Is that so?" Damien nodded. "What did Shane call you anyway?" Damien looked at the ground dishonourably. "Scar." Zach's face lit up with that. "You, you're the runaway. Shane was supposed to have you dead!" Damien stepped back. He looked down at Zach who was reaching for a corkscrew. He swung his arm up in the air and before Damien could even flinch, the twisted screw went into his stomach and out his back. Damien held onto the wound, trying to keep the blood inside. Zach went in for another blow, this time, Damien caught his swinging hand. He pushed Zach's hand back until it snapped. Damien reached for his head. He pulled him across the room towards the back wall where he continuously slammed Zach's head into the wall until he was nearly drowned in his own blood. Zach pushed away from him just barely clinging to life. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Damien laughed, spitting out blood. "The names Damien, but pretty soon that won't matter to you. Now, I'll give you to options; if you're smart you'll let me end you quickly, if you're not, I'll shove that corkscrew so far up your asshole, that it'll pierce your neck!" Zach threw a broken glass at him. "I see how it is, now, I know that it's not ideal, but I can assure you that a corkscrew is a great partner for virgins." Damien joked. Zach threw another glass at him, this time it left pieces of glass in Damien's arm. "Not, in the mood? Alright then." Damien stomped across the room towards Zach, he pushed him over and crushed his ribs with his foot. "Zach, I'm sure that Shane really liked you, how about I send him your corpse so he can have some fun with you." Damien pulled him up and grabbed his skull, squeezing it until it crunched. He then twisted it until he had turned it completely backward. He picked up Zach's rag doll like body and tossed it onto the back street before finishing the job and setting him on fire with some alcohol and a match. Damien limped across the back room. He pushed through the door and across the bar. "Can I get a god damned bandage for the hole in my stomach?" A bartender rushed to Damien with a bandage. When he was all bandaged up, he went to the bar slammed some money on the counter and said; "No tip!" Damien left the bar and onto the street. The moon dimly lit the sky, the air was cold and crisp. He stood at the side of the road until a bus showed up and opened the door up for him. "Where are you headed sir?" Damien thought for a second. "Uh, Vermont. I can handle it after that but I need to get to Vermont in the next two days, the hunt has already begun."