You're My Dragon

"Hey, Luce?"

"Hmm? What is it Natsu?"

"Is there a dragon celestial spirit?"

Lucy glanced up from the book she was reading, surprised at the question her best friend just asked her.

"Why do you ask?"

"Because if there was one maybe it would know were Igneel went!" Natsu ranted excitedly.

Lucy sighed and twirled a stand of her blond hair around her finger in thought. A celestial spirit dragon? She hadn't heard of one. No, it definitely wasn't familiar.

"Sorry Natsu, I don't think there's a celestial dragon sprint..."

"Meh. Too bad." Natsu shrugged and slumped into the seat next to Lucy. She placed a bookmark in her book and set it down on the table. She turned to face Natsu.

"Sorry, that was probably disappointing for you."

"Nah, it's fine. I'm used to being disappointed by leads concerning Igneel." Natsu shrugged nonchalantly.

Lucy felt a slight twinge in her chest. She felt sorry for the pink haired dragon slayer. It had been over seven, no make that fourteen, years since he had last saw his father. Natsu still hadn't given up hope, and Lucy hoped he never would.

"Oh well, at least you investigated it." Lucy encouraged.

Natsu nodded slightly, before his onyx eyes brightened. Suddenly excited, Natsu sat up and shoved his face close to Lucy's. She blinked.

"It would be pretty cool though! Imagine an epic dragon spirit!" Natsu enthused.

"You think?"

"Yeah! Imagine how powerful you'd be Luce! Your own personal dragon!"

"It would be pretty nice..." Lucy mumbled. "But it would probably look nothing like a dragon, I mean, hardly any of the celestial spirits look like they are supposed to! Take Plue as an example! It's supposed to a dog... I think... Or maybe a bug..."

"But still!" Natsu pressed on, "Imagine how useful it would be to have a dragon helping you! It would be really powerful and able to beat every opponent! ...And be able to swoop in and save you at any moment!"

"That would be really awesome..." Lucy sighed longingly.

"I know right! How amazing would it be!"

"Right," Lucy was laughing now. Natsu's enthusiasm was contagious. "Imagine all the cool stuff you could get up to with the dragon Natsu! You two would be like besties!"

"Yeah..." Natsu suddenly became wistful. "You sure you can't summon a dragon from the spirit world?"

"Yep, I'm sure," Lucy sighed. "For one, there is no stellar spirit dragon. And second, even if there was, I would have to get its key before I could summon it."

Natsu frowned.

"That sucks."

"Well, it's not my fault," Lucy replied. "And besides, it's not like I need a dragon celestial spirit." She continued on slowly.

Natsu pulled a face. "Why not?"

"Because I already have you! You're my dragon."

"Huh?"

Lucy rolled her eyes. "You're super strong and powerful! heck, you beat every bad guy we encounter! And you always come to my rescue. Remember the time I jumped off the tower and you caught me? That was crazy!"

"I still don't get it."

"You're a dragon slayer. You're like a dragon. I don't need a celestial spirit dragon because I have you!"

"Oh..." Natsu trailed off.

"Natsu! You're blushing!" Lucy teased.

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am NOT!"

"Mavis! You are such an idiot..."

"I am not an idiot. Gray is."

"No, you're the idiot."

"No, that bastard is!"

"You."

"Gray."

They stared at each other in a silent contest of wills. Seconds ticked by until Lucy leaned backwards, giggling.

"You are impossible, Natsu."

"Hey! You started it!"

Lucy's eyes widened as a thought entered her head. She began to snicker.

"What?"

"Oh nothing," Lucy replied, trying to stifle her giggles.

"What!?"

"I just had a thought." Lucy giggled again. "If you were a celestial spirit..."

Lucy fished out a key from her belt and waved it in front of her.

"Open, Gate Of The Dense Dragon: NATSU!" She yelled, before succumbing to laughter.

Natsu blinked. Once. Twice.

"I'm not dense!"

Lucy's laughter was contagious and before long, the dragon slayer started to smile. About one minute later, the the pair were collapsed hysterically on the ground, shaking with silent laughter. The entire guild stared at them, confused.

"What did we miss?" Mira mused to Gray, wanting to know what happened.

"Who even knows with those two." He replied.