"Really,"  I drawl out, wincing as I hit my funny bone on the side of my bed. For  the past half an hour, I'd been eating my cake batter ice cream with  enough elegance I would put the Queen to shame. In reality, I'm actually  eating like a pig, but I'll just say that I have the etiquette of a  young woman. "Are you sure you want to dye your hair this colour?"

                "Yup," she pops the 'p', "And you're doing it for me."

                I wince  again, but this is because I know that I'll have to spend the next half  an hour dying the ringer out of Emily's poor hair, and not because my  funny bone is colliding with my furniture.

_______________________________________________________________________________

                 "Oh," Emily gasps, "My God."

                Needless  to say, Emily has purple hair. She also pinned me down to ombre my hair  a little lighter, which I guess isn't too bad, because it looks  nice—still not happy though, because I definitely didn't need that huge  egg on my forehead because of her violent tendencies.

                 "I love  it!" She squeals loudly. I take a look at Emily, who is looking in my  floor to ceiling mirror, toying with her hair and gushing like a little  girl. The purple turned out a lot better than I thought. It wasn't  extremely vibrant and crazy; it was kind of transparent, leaving a bit  of blonde undertone showing. It's hard to explain, but the colour really  suited her eyes.

                "It  looks so good," I fist pump, awarding myself for my amazing job at dying  hair. I may have had a freak out half way through, because I dyed a bit  of her eyebrow, but all was good after we washed it out. "I never would  have though this colour would look so good on you, but it does. Nate's  going to either love it, or dump you," I shrugged.

                "Gee,  thanks for the encouragement," Emily scoffs, still playing with her hair  in her hands. I had long gone eaten all of my cake batter ice cream  with the help of her, only the container remained. I was kind of bummed  when I finished it, because I know that I'll have to work twice as hard  at volleyball practise tomorrow to work it off. Just like Tyler is going  to have to work off that huge burger he had from Maccas yesterday. "I  think I did a pretty amazing job on yours, as well."

                There  wasn't a huge difference between my old hair and this hair, apart from  the fact that the ends are a light, golden blonde while the top is a  medium brown with strands of sun bleached brown. "Hell yeah," I grin,  "Now, you better go show your boyfriend, he is next door after all."

                "I think  that's the best thing about staying here," Emily gushes, "I can go  straight over to Nate's whenever I want."

                "Are you  . . . are you using me?" I gasp, "To see your boyfriend? Oh my  goodness, I know I never should've trusted you."

                I know  that Emily is joking, but I couldn't help but say that just to stir the  pot. It's one of my many fabulous talents.

                "I'm  sorry," Emily wipes a fake tear from her cheek, "But I've been lying to  you all this time. I didn't intend on ever telling you!"

                I let  out a brief laugh, "Go see your boyfriend," I usher her out of the door  of my bedroom, "And don't forget to come back, no sleepovers for you  yet."

                "Since when have you been my father," she grimaces, "You sound exactly like him! No sleepover at Nate's anymore, because I don't want grandchildren. No hokey pokey, Emily."  She mocks her father with his deep, gravelly voice—but only when he is  sober. When he is as pissed as a donkey, Emily doesn't dare cross paths  with him.