Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"And then, and then I ate him," Nate sighed loudly, talking eagerly to the inanimate objects around him about how he ate SpongeBob. Nate vowed that he wouldn't touch alcohol tonight, but it turns out that Clark spiked his drink because 'you can't just go to a party without drinking, it's against the laws of partying'.

Needless to say, Clark is definitely not in my good books at the moment.

Not only is Nate plastered from the three glasses of coke he had, but he's refusing to hand over the keys to his car—obviously he can't drive, he's having trouble holding his weight while sitting on a camping chair. He, much like the rest of us, is covered head to toe in glow sticks. They dangle loosely off both his elbows, wrists, neck and ankles. There are so many of them that he is practically a walking glow stick when looking at him from afar.

I can't talk though. Eli Mather—a sweet brown haired guy from the football team—brought enough glow sticks to sink a battleship. His parents are pretty wealthy, meaning his glow stick addiction did not leave a dint in their large pockets.

The cove was lit up by the huge bonfire in the middle which soared about a metre high with bright orange flames. They emanated off everyone's faces as they either danced around it or sat on the logs surrounding it. Much to my surprise, Genevieve's party wasn't huge at all. In fact, there would probably only be thirty people here at the moment.

I asked Gen about it to which she said that she didn't want to invite people she didn't know. Gen knows nearly all of the senior year—all one hundred of us—but only invited the people she is the closest to. Meaning the cheerleading team, the football team and a few of her friends from other classes were here. I didn't mind, since I could socialise with all of them.

Allie and Sophia showed up also, but Allie kept to herself and danced around the fire with Sophia sipping on their cans of lemonade. Allie and I even started dancing together at one point of time. She isn't that bad, but she built up her reputation to look like it. I even apologised for the rude things I said to her a few days back, but she didn't accept it, saying that she deserved it.

I never would have thought of the day that Allie and I would even be close to being friends. We have our differences and all, but she just likes to flaunt herself in another way from me. I feel so much better now that I'm on better terms with Allie—glad that she had gotten over that vendetta she formed one day for me.

"Hey," Allie smiles, taking the seat next to me on the camper chairs. The camper chairs were flimsy and made of a light cotton, barely even being able to support our weight—let alone someone with a build like Nate—and sunk as we sat down into them.

I smiled back at her, "Hola." I took a sip from the can of cherry coke in my hand, licking my lips as the soda threatened to dribble out of my mouth and down my chin.

"So, you and Tyler, hey?" She winks playfully, nudging me.

I roll my eyes, "Nah. What about you? Found any cute boy that is worth your time?"

"Maybe," her pale cheeks tinge pink, "But I don't think you would know him."

"Shoot me," I raised the can up to my lips again.

"His names Aden, he's in the same Drama class as me," my eyebrows shoot up. Who would've thought that Allie wouldn't go for a big macho football player? "I know what you're thinking, and I totally understand," she laughs breathily, "But I'm over Tyler. I guess he was just a one-time thing. Plus, he's yours now."

I gasp, slapping her bare shoulder. "What! It's so true," she emphasises this with throwing her hand sup in the air. "Have you not seen the way he looks at you sometimes? Like, jeez, I know you guys hate each other, but ever thought that it was only one sided?"