Chapter 4

Previously on The Wolf Shifter's Choice:

Before any one can react, I sink my fangs into the base of Mahiru's neck. A (F/C) flash of light consumes the area as the contract solidifies. The light that once connected Mahiru and I morphs into a glowing (F/C) chain. When I remove my fangs, I lick the wound. It instantly heals, revealing a black mark resembling the silhouette of a howling wolf where the wound once resided. My eyes glow (W/E/C) as my gaze turns to a shocked Tsubaki.

"Your siblings will hate you for siding with a Servamp" he tries to deter me.

"Maybe so, but that is a sacrifice I'm more than willing to make if it means keeping them safe. This is my choice" I confess.

With that said, I use my newfound power to shift into my true Wolf form. Now reaching a hight equivalent to Kuro's human form, I stalk towards my prey. My sharp teeth are on full display as I snarl viciously at the Vampire. He takes a few steps back with wide eyes as I draw near. Just as I'm about to pounce, our surroundings change. I'm now lying on the ground in an alley way with a Vampire and a Human on my back weighing me down, no Tsubaki in sight.

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"What the?! What just happened?!" Mahiru exclaims in confusion.

The adrenaline from the previous events wears off and my body shifts back to my human form. I instantly get a crushing feeling as the weight of the two boys becomes much more apparent.

"Get the fuck off me!" I growl.

Mahiru instantly gets off of my back in realisation.

"Sorry (Y/N)" he says genuinely.

However, Kuro makes no effort to move. He sighs lazily.

"This is gonna be the death of me"

"Keep this up and that phrase will become reality" I glare at him.

"I'm immortal" he says flatly.

"I'm sure I can find a way around that factor" I say as I manage to get him off of me.

"Will you both quit arguing for five minutes!" Mahiru complains.

"He started it!" I complain, pointing an accusatory finger at the Vampire.

"I don't care who started it! Now is not the time!" He scolds. "Does one of you know how we got here?"

"I think those butterflies that flew by were the ones that saved us. The Vampire Of Lust, 'All Of Love' probably sent them. I felt his presence for a second. That guys from a long line of Genjustu users. He must have dragged us out of that 'Tsubaki' guy's territory" Kuro informs.

I growl lowly, "So, you're telling me that one of your Blood Sucking siblings stopped me from tearing that bastard apart limb by limb!"

"We both know that's not what would have happened"

"Are you implying that I'm weak?" I say slowly.

"No, I'm saying he's too strong"

"That's the same thing!" I yell.

"No it's not, I'll admit you're strong, but not as strong as him" he clarifies.

I stare at him, my mouth agape. I try to come up with a comeback, but I'm left with nothing. I growl in frustration and cross my arms in a stubborn manner, avoiding contact with his blood red eyes.

"So is he on our side? Is he still around?!" Mahiru questions.

"Nah, I don't think so. He was probably just passing by. You're gonna get yourself killed if you keep pulling stunts like that. Sure I'm a vampire, but you're still-"

"Don't act like Tsubaki didn't just beat the crap out of you" I cut him off.

"Tsubaki really did a number on you, didn't he?!" Mahiru points out.

Kuro seems to ponder what we just pointed out, before dramatically over exaggerating his injuries.

"Ahh... Ohh... Owww. I'll probably feel better if you buy me some juice"

"You look fine to me" Mahiru says, not buying his 'act'. "Seriously, When did life get so complicated? In any case, I'm beat" he sighs in exhaustion, slumping in between the Vampire and I on the ground.

"I'm done dealing with all this" Kuro sighs, transforming into his cat form. "Forming a contract was a mistake from the beginning. I don't wanna do anything"

"You're so lazy! Out of all the Servamps I could have been stuck with, why did it have to be you?!" I complain loudly.

"I'm not sure, but I'll think about it more from here on out" Mahiru mumbles in thought.

"Huh?" We both say at the same time.

I glare at the Vampire in irritation.

"For now, should we try and find the other Servamps? The one you sensed earlier might still be nearby" Mahiru suggests.

"What a pain~" Kuro whines.

"Great, more Vampires. How delightful" I say sarcastically.

"No~ I can't handle it anymore!" The Vampire continues his protest.

"Cut the crap! Face reality! That weird guy will come back for more. Right now the only ones who can do anything are the three of us, right?" Mahiru scolds once again.

"This is gonna be the death of me. You say you want to meet them, but we don't even have an email address" Kuro says in boredom.

"An email..." Mahiru trails off.

Just as he says that, a piece of paper floats down towards us. I catch it before it hits the ground and read its content. I role my eyes and hand the paper to Mahiru.

"Looks like you have one now" I say.

"This guy's got ears everywhere" he says as he looks at the paper.

To Be Continued...