Chapter Two

Lexi's POV

His dark laugh filled my ears, sending shivers of fear down my spine. I was locked in place, I couldn't move. I couldn't turn my head away. I was forced to look into his darkened eyes. He had grown a tiny bit of facial since I'd last seen him, but the rest of him was still the same. The same green piercing eyes, the same deadly smirk, the same strong build. I wanted to turn and run, but I couldn't I was forced to watch as he progressed towards me, finally standing directly in front of me and placing a rough hand under my chin, though it was no use since I wasn't able to move anyways.

"You aren't safe. You're never safe. So don't try to hide, don't try to act like its okay. Because its not. You and your friends won't throw me in jail and get away with it. Keep your eyes peeled sweetheart, my men are everywhere." He whispered harshly, before turning and walking away. An evil chuckle escaped his lips as he did so, and I let out the tiniest whimper of fear. He suddenly stopped midstep, and his head snapped back to look at me-

I shot up out of bed in a cold sweat. I threw the covers off of myself and looked at the clock beside me. 2:06 AM. There was no way I was getting back to sleep after that. I never do. Its impossible, every time I close my eyes all I see is his face. He ruined me, he made me so paranoid about everything. Though I always knew they were dreams, couldn't help but feel like everything was true. They all feel so... real...

I sneak out the door, glad that Jordan was a heavy sleeper and didn't notice a thing I just did. I fought back a laugh, closing the door and allowing him to sleep. My stomach growled as I picked up one of the donuts from the night before. I didn't want to make too much noise, so I didn't heat it up. I just walks over to the tv, taking a huge bite and sitting down on the couch. I grabbed my 3DS and played Animal Crossing: New Leaf for a bit before getting bored. I tossed the game to the side, standing up and tip-toeing around.

Sadly, the house was pitch black, and the only light switches are across the room from the last ones. I tried to make my way to the next switch, but a coffee table attacked my feet. I swear I didn't trip. I fell down, taking a couple of things with me, creating a large CRASH!

After a couple seconds of me attempting to get the small coffee table off of me and the blankets off of my legs, rapid footsteps sounded from the hall. I groaned, giving up as Jordan rushed into the room. He agilely jogged over to the light switch, flipping it on and taking in what had happened. I was currently on the ground tangled up in blankets with an empty cup on my hand and a coffee table awkwardly resting against my side. I gave a small wave and he rolled his eyes before rubbing the sleep from them.

"It's like three, what are you doing up?" He asked, walking over and untangling me and removing the table from its position of half on me half resting against me. He went to sit down, but I stopped him and held my arms above my head. Jordan groaned, grabbing my hands and yanking me up so I was standing.

"Thanks Jor!" I thanked him, planting a quick kiss on his cheek and dusting off my clothing. He scoffed in annoyance, grinning a bit to show that he was really angry.

"Seriously though, why are you up right now? You aren't exactly the wake-up-at-three kind of person." Jordan asked once more, raising a questioning eyebrow. I bit my lip and looked down at the ground, kicking a blanket away to stall. Jordan cleared his throat after a few seconds, indicating that he wasn't leaving without an answer. I sighed before replying.

"Well I might have uh... I might have lied... About the dreams being gone..." I mumbled and looked up to his face. His eyes softened, showing the opposite of the rage I was expecting. Before I could say another word, he grabbed me and pulled me into a secure hug.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered, sounding a bit hurt.

"I hate you worrying about me. They're just dreams it's not a big deal."