Chapter 9: A Brand New Day

"Look. Just tell me the truth. Directly," insisted Michael. 

"Okay, fine." Alexis let out a huge sigh. "I know we're best friends and all, but I just have this certain tingling feeling whenever I'm around you or you're around me. I can't explain why. I don't know why. It's unexplainable. I have a feeling that I have a crush on you."  

       Michael stared at her, not believing what she said, and this made her anxious and conscious. 

"Don't get me wrong! It's only a feeling!" She defended herself while blushing. 

"I-I don't know what to say.." Michael's mind and heart were full of emotions. Happiness, curiosity, anxiety, embarrassment, excitement, and everything else. But the true feeling her felt from his heart was love

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." She was really confused. What did Michael think of her? A weirdo? A stalker? A freak? A user? A gold-digger? Questions rushed through mind. 

"Sorry? What are you sorry for? It's actually cute," Michael chuckled. He saw her troubled expression, but tried to lessen his questions for her to be less confused. 

"It's hard to explain, really, but I didn--" Alexis was starting to perspire a lot and breathing abnormally fast. Michael shushed her and patted her at the back. 

"Relax. Everything's fine, okay? Take deep breaths," Michael advised. She breathed in air slowly and tried to relax. She calmed down after two minutes. 

"Okay. I'm good now. I hyperventilated, didn't I?" She asked, unconscious of what happened because of her panic. 

"Unfortunately, yes." 

"I'm terribly sorry. I really am." 

"No, it's okay. I'm used to that anyway." He chuckled. "You shouldn't have panicked though." 

"Why not?" 

"Because you took away some of my time to say 'I love you' to you," Michael said smoothly, then he winked at her. Alexis could not do anything but smile and blush at his actions. 

"Really?" 

"Yes. We are best friends, right?" 

"of course!" 

"That's where it all starts, being best friends. That's where it all starts. And today is A Brand New Day for us. That I can assure you.

~

     Michael's P.O.V. 

         Well, that went easier than I thought. I never was that smooth to a girl. I mean, I'm shy around girls. They say I'm too gentlemanly, but that's how my mother raised me. I remember going on tour as a child. We'd stay in a hotel, and Joseph would be only in the next room so he could watch over us. He'd come over our room, my brothers' and I, would see that he would have a beauty in each arm. After that, I vowed not to be something like that. Something like him. 

         When my brothers and I grew up, they started acting like Joseph. Like a playboy, as they say. They kept flirting with girls, and before you know it. Something happens. It was hard for me to accept that after my brothers and I saw Joseph like that, they turned into the same thing. 

         I was too engrossed on my thinking and reminiscing of my old, painful memories that I didn't even notice that my phone was already ringing. I had to be tapped by Alexis several times before she got my attention. She was pointing at my phone. I looked at it and I saw, 

"What the hell?! Seven missed calls?" All seven calls came from Frank. What's his rush? 

"You were in a really deep thought. I didn't disturb you for awhile, but your phone keeps ringing, so I needed to get your attention." She explained. I just nodded and called Frank. 

"Hello?" 

"What the hell, Mike?!" 

"What?" 

"I've been calling you for the past 10 minutes!" 

"I know." 

"Why the hell weren't you answering?!" He sounds pretty angry. 

"I was in a really deep thought. What's so important anyway?" 

"You were supposed to leave for New York today! You missed your flight!" 

"I have a flight today?" I didn't know that. He sighed over the phone. 

"Yes. You did. What were you thinking about that made you in deep thought and did not notice my calls?!" 

"Joseph and my brothers,"  I said truthfully as I heard him sigh on the other line.

"We'll talk about this later, but first, where are you?" 

"Right where you told me to stay." I chuckled. 

"Seriously, dude." 

"I'm in my friend's house." 

"You just came here and you quickly had a friend? How do you know she's your friend? She could be, you know, a 'Billie Jean'? Hah, that was a good one." 

"She's a good friend of mine. We were friends since we were kids, okay? Nothing's wrong with our friendship." 

"Okay, Mike. Whatever you say. Just meet me in the studio at 8 o'clock sharp, okay? We'll settle things there." 

"Alright. Bye."

I hanged up the phone. I saw Alexis just sitting down. She looks so bored. Maybe I could ask her out or something before Frank and I meet?