Chapter 1: One Day In Your Life

     Alexis P.O.V.

         I was lying on the bed, thinking of the memories my childhood friend and I had. He, my best friend in this whole world... Left me. A tear escaped my eyes, and I wiped it away quickly. I still remember how he defended me from 3 guys, who are bullies when I was 11 years old... He was my guardian angel... It's like, One Day In Your Life, he's there. The next day, he's gone. It's been 14 years. I mean, it's been so long since he left, yet I still remember all the memories he left me.

*FLASHBACK*

"Do you really need to leave?" I asked in tears.

"I'm afraid so.... Joseph told us---"

"Joseph? It's Joseph all the time! Now you have to leave because of him? It's just so unfair!"

"I'm sorry, Alexis, I really am... I'll be back before you know it."

"Why do you need to leave anyway?" I asked.

"Time to go, Michael!" Joseph shouted.

"I really need to go! I'll try my best to communicate with you somehow! I promise!"

"Goodbye..... Michael....." I tried to stutter out.

"Bye, Alexis..."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

         Yes, I didn't find out what he was really doing, but I did when my mom made me stay up late to watch the Ed Sullivan show 5 days after he left. Wow, was he a great singer and dancer! Look at how his crazy legs move! And his voice, sounds like a choir of angels from Heaven! I was always waiting for his newest release of albums and stuff. I bought his 'Off The Wall' album, and wow! His voice is so angelic! Yes, by now, you know that my friend is THE Michael Jackson!

         The doorbell rang, which made me jump. I quickly ran to the door to get the mail. Well, I got ads, ads, ads, a mail from a 'Doo Doo', letter from my boss, ---- Wait..... Who is 'Doo Doo'?? I quickly opened the mail and discovered a really short letter:

Dear Alexis Thompson,

How are you? It's been so long. I missed you for like, forever. I am to arrive there in New York for a week. Hope to see you soon!

Love, Doo Doo

         Okay, this is creepy. Doo Doo? Do I know any Doo Doo? No, I don't. Am I being threatened? Is this 'Doo Doo' trying to be friendly? Or trying to kill me? Why did he have to hide his name and form an alias? Why? Is he a criminal mastermind? Is he part of any gang? Questions flooded my mind. I really feel endangered. The doorbell rang which made me jump again. I opened the door to see my friend, who was delivering flowers from the florist's shop.

"Hey, Zeke. What are you doing here?" I asked. It's really weird for him to stop by this neighborhood, holding a huge bouquet of red roses.

"Delivering flowers, duh? Here!" He handed me the flowers, and I gave him a confused look.

"Don't look at me like that! Even I don't know who your lover is, but there's a card over there. Enjoy!" He gave me a goodbye wave, and I waved back. I looked at the card, and it read "Love, Doo Doo".

         Okay, this is creeping me out. First, he has an alias. Second, I feel like that dude is stalking me. And third, he knows my address! There was another knock on the door. I opened the door to see the mailman holding a mail from that 'Doo Doo' again. I sighed and took the letter.

I hope you can give me I want. It may only be given, not taken or brought, what the sinner desires. But the saint does not. I hope you can figure this out. :)

Love, Doo Doo

         What? Can be given, but not taken or brought? A saint doesn't deserve it, but a sinner does? What?! I mean, everything given to you is taken. A saint deserves more than a sinner, so what is this thing a sinner deserves, but a saint doesn't?

         I went to the kitchen, still holding the letter, and made a cup of coffee. I sat down, thinking. What is that thing?! What? Wait. A sinner does need something a saint doesn't. And it could be given. It would never be taken. I think I know what it is. I hope I'm right. Or could it be another answer? But my first answer makes sense though. Dear God, please help me with this! I feel like I have a stalker! Well, my guess is..