Chapter 20: I Like The Way You Love Me

     Alexis's P.O.V.

         Michael dragged me out to the balcony of his room, which was on the second floor. I kept asking him why, but he wouldn't answer. I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be able to convince him to tell me. He looked at his wristwatch.

"5. 4. 3. 2." He stopped staring at his watch and looked at me instead. "1." At that, he kissed me, under the shining moonlight.

"Happy new year to you too, Michael." I chuckled as I pulled away. He blushed. Aww, he's so adorable.

"Uhh, yeah. I just thought that you might, you know... Like kissing under the moon." He smirked, but there was a bit of nervousness in his voice.

"I enjoyed." I giggled. Michael then raised his hand up. I gave a 'what-are-you-doing' look, but he ignored me. Suddenly, there were fireworks. There were hearts, a "Happy New Year," and an "I Love You!"

~

     Michael's P.O.V.

         After I kissed her, I cued the pyrotechnics. Yes, there were people on my rooftop. But hey, they didn't see us kissing though. I raised my hand to let them know to let the fireworks begin. Alexis gave me a 'what-are-you-doing' look, but I ignored her. I wanted it to be a surprise.

         The first fireworks were hearts, followed by a colorful "Happy New Year!" Lastly, an "I Love You!" came out. She looked at me, with tears of joy flooding her eyes.

"God, Michael! Those fireworks.... They're just... Beautiful. I-I love you, too."

"I know you do." I chuckled.

"Wait. Your family doesn't celebrate New Year, am I right?"

"Right."

"And fireworks are part of the New Year celebration, am I right?"

"Right?" Why is she asking me all these questions? I'm really confused.

"That means at least someone, other than us, can see this whole thing, and tell your mother. Or worse, your mother herself will see this, am I right?"