Chapter 24: Much Too Soon

     Michael's P.O.V.

         I went home after visiting the girls in the hospital, I drove back home. Alexis told me to get some rest. As I opened the door, I saw Randy sulking on the sofa.

"Uhm, Randy? Are you alright?" I asked him, being the big brother I am to him.

"Yeah, sure." I heard him mutter under his breath. "I'm just gonna go up now." He went up the stairs, and I followed him quickly. What is wrong with my little brother? I saw went to his room. Before going in, I knocked on the door. Mother always thought us to be polite.

"Randy?"

"What do you need?" Well, that was rude.

"I'm here to help you. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Steven Randall Jackson, I demand you to tell me what's wrong!"

"Nothing's wrong, okay?!" He shouted. I can't take it anymore.I barged in the room, and saw him sitting on a chair, head in his hands. I closed the door quietly, took another chair, and sat beside him.

"You can tell me anything, Randy. I'm your big brother. I can help."

"It's ju-just.." He started. "All of you are in a relationship, and does that leave me? Nothing! I'm always alone in this house. I can't take the pain. I feel rejected." He said sadly, almost crying. I know he's trying to stop himself from doing so.

"You're not rejected, Randy. Don't feel like that."

"How won't I feel like that? Everytime I go talk to one of you, you'll say, 'Maybe later, Randy. I have a date right now.' or something like that. It hurts, you know."

"Oh God, I'm sorry." Then an idea popped to my head. "What if I introduce you to some girl? I know this someone. Se's sweet, kind, caring, selfless, and damn gorgeous."

"Who even wants to be with me? I'm a loser. And this girl you're talking about sounds perfect, and I'm not a perfect guy. It won't work out." He sighed. Doggone, he's too stubborn.

"I'm sure she'll like you. And besides, don't you want a girlfriend?"

"I do, but I---"

"Then face it. This is your chance, Randy. Don't let it go." I smiled, before leaving his room. I hope he made up his mind about this.

         I then drove off to the hospital to tell my idea to Alexis.

~

     Alexis's P.O.V.

         I was going to ring someone for food when...

"Hey..." A weak, familiar voice said. I turned to see Veronica in the same room with me. Okay, to be honest, I really didn't see her. I just noticed her.

"Are you alright?"

"Yep. But will you answer some questions for me? I mean, if you want to."

"Sure."

"How did you even get together with that Kelvin?"

"Well... It all started when we met in the supermarket...." She continued her story. That fucktard Kelvin, pretendning to be a goody-goody. Ugh. I hate him. Like, who doesn't?

"I'm so sorry for you," I commented afterwards.

"It's alright. I would've broken up with him myself if I knew he was like that. He showed his true colors, and I'm glad too." She said with a smile, yet she sighed a bit after. "But now I don't have a boyfriend."

"Awww, why rush the love life?

"In my family, the one who isn't in a relationship with is considered ugly, irrelevant, and unimportant, and I don't want that." Her voice quivered. "I never did had a boyfriend, because I was too afraid. But Kelvin came along, and... I earned respect from my family. But now he's imprisoned."

         I couldn't say anything. She's so strong, going through all this. But then, a bright idea came onto me.

"How old are you?"

"21. I was born on April 13, 1963." (A/N: Please remember that it is only 1984 in this story.) And if I remember, a certain guy who's close to me is 23. I then heard a knock on the door, so I opened it and saw Michael.

"Can we talk privately?" He asked. I nodded, went out, and closed the door. "I have a great idea."

"Really? Me too! But you go first."

"I was thinking..." He started. "If we can get Randy and Veronica together. You know, boyfriend-girlfriend. Like us."

"Wow. I was thinking of the same thing..."

"You know what they say: 'Great minds think alike'."

"True. So, can we?" I asked.

"Told him that she's a fine lady. I think he'll consider."

"It isn't Much Too Soon, now is it?"

"I don't think so."

"Good. Let's set them up on a secret date." I smiled. "And she's a 'fine' lady? What about me?" I fake pouted.

"You're finer, babe. You're finer."