Chapter Thirty One

Erin's POV

Once again, time flew so quickly that before we became totally aware of it, it was beginning of the summer holidays and we finished yet another year of our 4-year degrees.

Tom also just came back from an international competition with a silver medal. The Chinese are finally back on the ball and started to dominate once more, but Tom is always hot on their tails. He's reaching the point of highest peak of his career and his performances are almost faultless by the minute.

"What is it?" Adam questioned as Taylor appeared with the post in one hand and a letter she was reading on the other. Taylor frowned as she read on and cursed under her breath.

"It's from our landlord." Taylor commented as she placed the other post on the counter and carried on reading.

"What does he want now?" Adam sighed at the mention of our landlord. Our landlord can be a bit of a prick when he wanted to be. He already raised our rent this year and made us sign a contract of an all year round payment rather than the usual 42-week payment.

"He saying that since he already raised our rent this year he doesn't want to raise it again so he's got another student to rent out the spare room!" Taylor groaned as she sat on the chair with a thump.

"When is this student coming?" Matt asked

"Some time today or tomorrow."

"Late notice, much?" Matt frowned

"That landlord of ours is a right prick!" Taylor sighed.

"Well you better get all your stuff from the spare room then." I said to try and diffuse the tension in the house. Even though we live comfortably together without much fuss, a student who maybe a couple of years younger than us will make the house awkward a little bit.

"Where am I suppose to put my clothes?!" Taylor whined the the thought of moving all her clothes from the spare room and place them somewhere else. The amount of clothes that she has is unbelievable!

"You better think of a place to put them in. And since you use the spare room you should clean it up before they come." Adam declared as they soon stared darkly into each other's eyes and tried to be the one who doesn't back down first.

"That's not fair!" Taylor exclaimed

"It is!"

"It's not!"

"It is!"

"It's not!"

"It's not!"

"It is!"

Adam laughed when he managed to trick her into saying it is fair that she should clean up her mess in the spare room since she's the one who uses it a lot.

"I hate you!" Taylor huffed and stuck her tongue out childishly.

A comfortable silence developed over us like a cloud as we finished of our breakfast and one by one we stood up and went about our business.

"This student better be worth it!" I heard Taylor cursed as she changed the spare room's beddings.

"Good job so far, Tay!" I laughed as I stuck my head in the room.

"Give us a hand, E?" Taylor pouted and fluttered her eyelids at me childishly to try an get me to do help her.

"What needs doing?" I sighed

"Cheers babe! You do the hoovering and I'll finish this off." Taylor shoved Henry the Hoover at me with a cheeky smile. Trust Taylor to make me do the hard work.