Chapter Nine

Erin's POV

Tom's competition lasted for two days and it could not have gone better for him. He got his gold medal that he wanted out of it and he was over the moon. All the training leading up to this competition has finally paid off.

On the first day of competition, just before setting off to the venue, Taylor managed to surprise us by coming out of her room sporting a plain white shirt with an 'I *heart* Tom Daley' written at the front of her t-shirt.

"What the he'll are you wearing?!" Matt hissed at Taylor when she came out of her room.

"What? I thought we might as well be supportive." Taylor defended her T-shirt, proudness evident in her eyes.

"It is a bit embarrassing, to be honest" I contributed in but Taylor flashed a mischievous smile at me.

"You're gonna wear one too" Taylor threw an identical shirt at me.

"No, I'm not" I argued, as I looked at the shirt with a grimace.

"Yes, you are. Anyway you owe me"

"Since when?"

"Since the night Tom came over. You didn't want to come out so we did you a favour and went out by ourselves" she looked at me and smiled cheekily

"I wasn't aware of this favour." I sighed and looked at the boys who just shrugged suggesting that they didn't know too.

"Well now you are!" she declared and as she walked outside and hopped into the car that I was borrowing from Gran. Since I was insured with her car, I was going to drive us to Sheffield.

Not wanting to risk it for a future favour payment I slipped the shirt on and tucked it into my high-waisted shorts. Besides, now thinking about it,  this can't be the worst favour payment I could receive at the hands of Taylor.

The way to the venue on both days was stress free. The sun was shinning and so everyone had their windows down. the boys sat at the back since Taylor called dibs on the front passenger seats.

"Oh the boy's a slag! The best you ever had! The best you ever had is just a memory!" Taylor sang on the top of her voice to the Arctic Monkeys whilst pretending to play the air guitar only to get carried away and punch the roof of the car. She swore in anger and looked at her red knuckles with a pout.

"You deserve it." Adam said from the back glaring at Taylor through the rear view mirror. Taylor stuck her tongue out childishly and carried on with her singing and air guitar, and maybe even louder this time around.

On both days, we managed to get front seats view from the balcony since we were one of the first ones to get there. Tom did brilliantly on the first day, his scores pretty high which really put on the pressure for the other divers. The way he twisted and turned like he was made out of rubber in the air as he leaped from the platform was beautiful. His entries were nearly nothing but small splashes and he goes under the water. As soon as he pulled himself up from the water, he will immediately turn around and look at the score board where his name and score are shown in neon lights. If he was contented with his score he will flash a bright smile and ruffle his hair to shake off the water, but if he wasn't he would just shrug and make his way inside the athlete's waiting room with his towel drape around his shoulder.

When he first spotted us in the crowd he waved with an amused look on his face when he read what was written on the shirts.

On the second day of  his competition he performed as brilliantly as he did, maybe even better, on the first day. He went flying up the leader board and made the crowd go crazy. Taylor no doubt being the craziest out of the whole crowd, jumping and screaming every time Tom stepped onto the platform. Tom would smile when he hears Taylor's word of encouragement of a flirty nature.