Chapter Seven

Tom's POV

"I'm so sorry about Taylor, she just says what comes into her mind without thinking about it" Erin apologised once more as she got the bag of popcorn out of the microwave and poured it's content into a glass bowl.

"She's... eccentric" I offered a smile

"She definitely is. But she means no harm" Erin laughed light heartedly sending a sweet glimmer to her eyes. I moved from the armchair to the sofa for a better view on the tv. Erin set the bowl of popcorn on the tinted glass coffer table and settled in beside me. We were sitting so close together that I could literally feel the heat radiating off her thighs next to mine. But then again she was only wearing a denim high-waisted shorts paired with a light loose top with a wide neck casually tilted to the side showing off her smooth shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay at watching a chick-flick?" She inquired once again as she cocked her head to one side and looked at me with a questioning look.

"I think I'll survive through a chick-flick or two." I chuckled

"I wish Matt and Adam are like you. They can't stand a chick-flick let alone sit through one." She smiled and pressed play.

I rested one arm on the arm rest and the other on the back of the sofa, I slouched down right into the sofa to get as comfortable as I could possibly could. From the corner of my eyes, Erin pulled her knees up to her chin and loosely hugged them. I noted the way she would wrinkle her nose in the cutest way possible when she laughs and the sound of her laughter reminds me of silver tinkling bells.

I paid no real attention to the film instead I found myself staring at her from the corner of my eyes, noting every single movement she did. Every once and a while she would look at me and smile, sending a fluttering feeling straight to my heart. I noted the way she would pull at a loose curl and put it behind her ear, the way she would twirl the ring on her finger unconsciously and the way her face literally lights ups when she laugh.

"Popcorn?" she asked midway through the film and thrusted the bowl towards my direction. I hummed my reply and placed the bowl on my lap and took a small handful at a time in attempt to keep my mind off her and focused on the film instead.

Every now and then our hands would brush against each other as we both reach into the bowl of popcorn. She would mutter an apology and blush. Oh God, she looks so cute when she blushes.

"Tom?" she called out as the film rolled out the credits.

"Erin?" I echoed

"Are you hungry?"

"Now that I think about it, yes a little bit" I laughed

"I'll order a pizza!" she declared and lurch out of the sofa and got the phone.

***

It was past midnight and we were quarter of a way through our third film when I felt a sudden weight resting on my shoulder. Looking down, I discovered that Erin had fallen asleep on me. Her breathing was even and I could feel her long lashes on my shoulder.

Without really meaning to I just reached out and gently stroke her soft cheek and trace the outline of her full lips. When I realised what I was doing, I jerked my hand back in fear that she might wake up.

Even though the room was dimly lighted I could see every single outline of her face. She looked so innocent, angel-like when she's asleep and I didn't have the hear to wake her up. She looked so peaceful, without a care in a world and besides I personally think it's cute when girls fall asleep on boy's shoulders. It makes us feel as if the girls trust us and rely on us for protection as they sleep and dream of sweet nothings.

I grabbed the jacket I discarded on the floor and draped it around her shoulder to keep her warm. Even though the current weather we're having is warmer than normal, it's different at night. The temperature drops and the air feels cold. Besides I won't the needing it, for her body temperature was keeping me warm.

I carried on watching the film before my eyelids started to get heavy. All I know was when I woke up it was daylight outside and a ray of sun light that was strategically aimed at my eyes was the thing that woke me up.

For a moment I was confuse to where exactly I was and then I felt a weight resting against my shoulder. Erin was asleep with my jacket draped around her, keeping her warm.

Someone had cleaned up the coffee table because when I fell asleep the box of unfinished pizza was still left out to cool and the TV was switched on.

"Good morning Tom" I heard a whisper coming from the kitchen area. Turning to face the owner of the voice without waking Erin up, I saw Taylor standing behind the counter in her dressing gown with a mug between her hands. Their male room mates sat around the glass table with their mugs in front of them.

"Morning." I replied. Taylor just giggled and wiggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, looking at Erin's sleeping from then back to me.

"Did you guys had a nice quiet night in" she laughed. I smiled and just hummed my reply.

"Would you like some tea or coffee?" Adam asked

"No I'm okay thanks, mate. I need to get going." I smiled apologetically

"Aww, so soon? Can't at least stay for breakfast?" Taylor pouted.

"I'd love too, but I can't. I have to get to training. Sorry." I said as I gently stood up and laid Erin's head on the arm rest with a cushion supporting her neck, without waking her up. I couldn't help but let out a satisfied sigh of relief when I finally got the creaks out of my neck and shoulders that I managed to gain for sleeping in only one position.

"Can't training wait? An athlete like you needs to eat." Taylor flashed a cheeky smile.

"Unfortunately training can't wait especially when I have the British Championships to compete in this coming weekend." I laughed at her boldness.

"Besides I need to nip home, get change and find my extra pair of diving kit"

"What? You have more than one pair of speedos?" Taylor winked.

"I do have more than one pair of speedos"

"Well good luck on the championships, we'll be there to watch of course! Besides, I can't let a chance of watching boys soaking wet and clad in only their speedos pass now can I? She giggled

"I suppose you couldn't" I smiled and made my way towards the front door. Taylor followed my suit to lock the door but before she locked the door and before I got into my car she hollered out.

"Did I ever tell you that you a really nice ass? If you weren't Erin's man I would totally tap that!"

"I'll see you soon Taylor" I chuckled. I'm beginning to like her boldness and the way she doesn't think before she speaks. I have a feeling that we'll get along together quite nicely.

***

A/N Read and Review <3