Chapter Four

Erin POV

I fought the urge to open my eyes as I desperately tried to cling to the last of the night's promise of sleep. My mind fuzzy and unfocused with sleep, and the last remnants of a dream I was not fully aware of before until now was being chased away by the realisation that it was already morning. I didn't know how long that pesky ray of sunlight had been peeking through the small gap in the curtains before it shone strategically onto my face; nor did I know how long it took for me to become aware of it. What I did know is that I was not prepare to wake up just yet.

I fought to ignore the bright morning sunbeam, but the moment of going back to sleep had passed. I became aware that I lost the fight and gave a yawn as a sign of defeat. With a mental sigh I allowed my sleepy mind to focus and one of my eyes to cautiously open.

I looked around my room, the sunlight cuts the room in half and dust motes danced gracefully in the wall of light that peeked through the curtains. I could smell Taylor's burnt toast and I can hear the water running in the next room along with Adam's out of tune voice singing along with the radio. I share an apartment with Taylor, Adam, another boy who also studies Law called Matt.

''Erin, are you awake?" a knock on my door followed by Matt sticking in his blond head snapped me out of my thoughts. He offered me a smile, well as much of a smile he could offer since he had a half piece of toast sticking out of his mouth. The bread was slightly burnt that I instantly recognise it as one of Taylor's toast. That girl cannot cook - hell, she can burn water if she was given the chance.

"Morning! You might want to hurry up or Taylor will overtake you in the bathroom" he informed me. Taylor was notorious when it came to hogging the bathroom. Once she's in the bathroom she will stay in there for hours on end.

"Morning..." I muttered before rolling of bed and sluggishly made my way to the bathroom.

***

"So what's everyone up to this fine Saturday morning?" Taylor inquired as we all sat around the table watching the TV with our mugs of tea or coffee. Adam and Matt were in a heated conversation about football and didn't even acknowledge Taylor's question.

"Not a lot" I replied but somehow I had an inkling of a feeling that I had to do something, but couldn't remember it. It was only 10:15 and we had nothing fun planned. It looks like we will have to spend a day doing nothing.

"Oh sweet Jesus, he is so fit!" Taylor gushed as an advert came on TV.

Looking up and focusing on the TV, it was the current Adidas advert for the 2012 Games. It was a close up camera shot on an athlete's chocolate eyes  that was somehow very familiar then dropping down to their to feet as they stood on their tiptoes. A moment later the athlete leaped into the air, wrapping their arms around their knees and let gravity pull them down.

"Shit!" I leaped out of my chair and ran into the my room. I was going to be late, how could I forget about our breakfast!

"The hell! Erin?" I could hear Taylor ask the boys, who I know will just shrug their shoulders then continued with their conversation and pretend that I didn't just leap out of the my chair, nearly tripping over their feet in the process and darted into my room like a raging bull.

I throw on the first thing I could find - a floral short dress. Grabbing tights from the draws, quickly pulled them on without doing myself injury. I soon realise that it was not as easy as I thought it would be. Briefly checking I''ve got everything in my bag that hanged behind the door and grabbing a thick cardigan, I ran out of my room as quickly as I ran in.

"Bye guys, see you later!" I yelled behind me, as I got to the front door and started unlocking the door. I realised that I had no make up on and was contemplating whether I should go back and put make on. Shaking my head in disagreement since I had no time to apply any make-up without being more late than I already was.