Chapter Thirteen: Garden

The shift back wasn't as painful. It was easier for the newly turned wolves bodies to return to the state before. Leila felt soreness ache in her muscles, making her want to take a hot bath and just relax in that. She was told to return to her dorm room. The next day they would have no school, so that all those who had just experienced their first turn could rest. Wednesday was the day they were supposed to experience their next change, this time willingly. The wolves had to get used to changing back and forth, that way when they changed on the  next full moon it wasn't as bad. 

Leila walked by herself down the hallway, headed to her dorm. She decided to visit the rooftop garden by herself first, wondering if she might achieve a small bit of peace among the chaos. They had lost most of their wolves that night, the school. The marked were just too out of shape to be able to change. The others all claimed it was because there was a pureblood near them, making up some myth about how she could suck the energy from the other werewolves if she wanted to. Leila wrapped her arms around herself, leaning on the elevator bar. It was ridiculous to her. She would never be so rude. The other werewolves were avoiding her. They were scared of her. Leila looked down. Of course they were scared of her. It only made sense. She was scared of herself too. 

Does being a pureblood mean that I'm dangerous? She wondered. She stared at the garden in front of her as the elevator dinged. Leila walked out, finding that no one was up here. It's a nice garden. I haven't been here by myself, since Derek always dragged me here or I followed him here. Her eyes found the view in front of her. They widened as she watched the sun rise. How could a sunrise be so beautiful when most of the wolves died because of me? She wondered. She sat down on the stone bench, wrapping the cardigan she had been brought to put over herself as a layer. It was still summer out, however the weather didn't seem to know that. Here in the garden it was cold. She suspected the temperature dropped in here over night, and only grew warmer as the sun shone through the glass. 

Her eyes scanned the beautiful plants around her. Off to the right side, there were flowers. Off to the left side, there seemed to be more medicinal herbs and such. It wasn't a very big garden, but it was almost overcrowded in there with plants and growth. Part of her felt like this garden was untouched...as if humans hadn't been in here. Or werewolves, since it wasn't a human school. She stared out at the flowers, noting that the rose bushes could use pruning. I'll have to come up here sometime and take care of the flowers, since it seems like no one else will. Maybe Gina could authorize permission? Leila sighed hard. She stiffened when she felt a presence in the garden. Her eyes scanned the area, not seeing anyone. 

As if on cue with her search, someone else popped out of the trees of the small garden, walking along the dirt to the concreted path. They paused, spotting her. It was a girl, with long black hair and mismatched eyes. One was a dark purple and the other was a bright silver, contrasting each other. Her eyes scanned Leila over, sniffing the air. She stiffened. 

"You are a pureblood,"She commented, gazing at Leila. Leila swallowed. 

"Y-Yeah..."Leila told her. The girl walked over to her, looking her over. Leila caught her scent, sensing something different from her other friends about it. She frowned. The girl bent down, examining Leila, her eyes flicking over her boredly. 

"We will meet soon again,"She spoke. She rose back up. "Goodbye, Pureblood Sister." Leila's eyes went wide, blinking as she watched the girl walk off. A boy stumbled out of the trees, his hair messed up. The elevator opened and closed, leaving Leila alone with the boy. His eyes fixed on her. He smirked. 

"Want to have some fun too?"He teased. Leila stared at him blankly. His eyes spotted that hers were the same color. He sighed. "Oh well. You're matched with someone already. Keep this a secret, okay?" He put a finger to his lips, winking at her. She blinked as he ran off after the girl who'd already departed. What the hell was that? Leila wondered. She stiffened. He said fun...oh god, were they really-?! Leila's face went bright red.