CHAPTER THIRTY

Alexander

I found that hangovers were not nice. Especially when you wake up surrounded by limbs belonging to people you aren't sure you know. I found it was just my friends.

I groaned and looked around, holding my head as I saw that most of the random limbs were belonging to Linus, Gabriel, Theodore and James'. The five of us had been abandoned on the living floor which was funny but also so mean.

To stand I had to push Linus off who cried helplessly and cursed me a thousand times and get Gabriel to let go of my ring finger. Once I was able to do this I made my way for the kitchen which I came to find had Winston and Victor cooking in silence while Tristan talked and Dante played with Harkin, Fraden with Camille. The sight was beautiful actually.

"Morning." Everyone greeted me.

"Had a nice time birthday boy? How old are you now?" Tristan teased and I scowled.

"I stopped counting a long time ago so let's not go there." I groaned and laid my cheek on the marble table which was so nice and cold. An advil and water was set before me. "You know, it isn't fair how non of you feel this right now."

"You should have watched yourself." Dante chuckled and Harkin ran over to me and just stared.

"Oh shut up." I looked at Harkin who then lifted his hands up. I picked him up and he smiled at me.

"Look whose friendly now," Tristan pouted and Harkin rolled his eyes and causes my mate to huff. I laughed at how cute the whole thing was.

"You keep daddy safe?" Harkin asked me softly and I nodded.

"With everything I have."

"Good, because he fragile." My brows rose.

"Really?" Harkin bobbed his head.

"Yes," he started playing with my hair, "I won't forget this." He beamed at me and kissed my cheek.

Harkin was one peculiar kid, I had to say.

From there our mates set the table and helped us nurse our hangovers. We talked and laughed like brothers and sisters and it was nice. I saw it briefly, in a fleeting moment how we all grew together and how this became our routine and I loved it.

I sat between my loves, glancing at my pregnant mate and being anxious for our bundles of joy but also just as anxious for the road leading up to them. I sighed happily as we all then went outside and while some of us more normal people sat by the pool, our mates shifted and played like children.

"Can you believe them?" Linus huffed watching Fraden sunbath in his rather gigantic snake form with Camille who looked like a toy beside him. "Gosh, I should give him a peace of my mind."

"Oh hush, you love looking at him as he is now." Gabriel scoffed sitting down and watching Dante and Harkin run around with Winston, Victor and Tristan.

"Damn straight, but he doesn't need to know that." I laughed sharing a drink with them.

"You guys don't wanna join them?" James asked sitting down.

"Can they?" Jennifer questioned with wide eyes.

"Babe, we can do whatever we want." Linus chuckled and Jennifer scowled.

"We just chose not to." Theodore snickered. "Also, it's not the most pleasant thing to put yourself through."

"Amen!" I raised a glass and we laughed watching our mate play when a soft hissing sound came. I sat up even though two giant snakes were in our midst and saw a gold snake slither towards Linus who shivered.

"Fraden! I swear to the gods! Make them stop!" Linus stood and we all laughed as the snake followed. "If it poisons me, I will kill you!"

"You'd think by now he was used to it but he is so..." James shook his head.

"Stubborn? Definitely."

"Daddy! Tag!" Harkin giggled as Gabriel stood fast and ran after him. I myself found two large cats purring and stalking towards me.

"Oh no," I began. "They want us to play!" I whines burying my face in my hands. "I'm hungover you asshats!" They lunged and I squealed before running away and just like that a rather weird game of tag began.

Fraden didn't join though and just watched and Camille didn't either, the pair looked so bored or rather just done with us it was funny. Linus would tag Fraden who wouldn't even lift his head or acknowledge that Linus wanted him to join in. It got to a point where Fraden lifted his head just to change where he was looking which made everyone laugh.

It was a hell of an awesome time, if I do say so myself.

***

Tristan was moaning and he was bigger than ever. It had already been four months since my birthday and my anxiety levels were rising because every time I looked at my mate he looked ready to burst. He wobbled and he moaned about everything. I loved him nonetheless.

I rubbed his feet to which he could not stop making the most erotic sounds, Victor was fixated on him because of it.

"If you don't stop, your going to have a hard time." Victor threatened with a sexy growl which made me chuckle as I rubbed Tristan's swollen feet.

"I can't help it...it feel so good!" Tristan gave me a wink. "You are amazing!" He gave me a thumbs up and I laughed.

"Say what you will, these kids better not end up like you."

"That would make them awesome kids. They better be exactly like me." Victor blinked and met my gaze to shake his head solemnly.

"We can't allow this."

"I don't think we have the power to have it otherwise."

"This is bad." Victor grabbed my hand. "Is there nothing you can do!?" He pleaded and I burst into laughter.

"Hello, I'm right here you pricks." Tristan scowled and clicked his tongue before turning on Oprah and demanding get avocado's.

Victor began massaging Tristan's shoulders and then I went up to study for the rest of my day.