CHAPTER NINETEEN

Alexander

If anything the more I saw, the more I realised how very alone Elijah felt. As we combed through his diaries and we saw into his mind, the more I wanted to cry which wasn't something I did too often.

"Is it just me, or was he a really sad man?" I looked at Theodore who was flat put bawling.

"I don't think..." He sniffed, "I can continue." He closes the book he was on and I frowned, touching his shoulder and allowing me to pulling to lay his head on my shoulder, I sighed.

"I know, but you said we should make sure," he nodded. "It looks to me though that it's categorized." I began holding up the book I wasn't even finished with. "This one here was from when he was really young yet this one is probably once he was in his teens." Theodore looks closely as I show that the one I held had more drawings that words and the other had an elegant yet messy writing. "I haven't found a picture of a dragon or anything related to that."

"So you've been looking at pictures this whole time." I blushed.

"They are actually really good." I opened to one of his mother. The woman was beautiful even in pencil, she had long hair and her eyes were coloured bright blue, while the rest of her was just pencil. Theodore looked at it and sighed.

"He can't have drawn that himself." I chuckled and too the one from what I assumed to be in his teens. "But she is gorgeous." He held up his own book. "This ones in magic though so I guess he had grown older, I combed through and nothing."

"Do you think he even wrote about him? Or even knew?"

"I don't know, Arson...well, he had gone through them...the little book worm," Theodore chuckled. "He said there were a few years missing, maybe the books with those years have something."

"Arson?" I asked not sure if I knew this person.

"He was the Gemma of the pack, the third, he left a long time ago."

"Hmmm, think we could contact him and see what he knows? If he's read them all he could tell us if our time is being wasted." Theodore looked uncomfortable and swallowed.

"I don't know...to be honest with you, he kind of just...dropped off the face of the planet or something. Nobody has heard from him or seen him or his mate."

"Then let's check." Theodore blinked at me at though I were talking gibberish before it dawned on him that I meant magic.

"Oh, um..nah," he waved his hand, "I don't think that necessary." He chuckled awkwardly and I looked at him.

"Why do I get the feeling you don't want to do magic?" I eyed him suspiciously. "Are you sick? Did something happen?" I touched my neck for where the magic necklace keeping me alive is. "Is it the necklace?"

"Oh no!" He rolled his eyes, pushing me with his hand a bit. "No. Nothing like that, relax." He risked.

"Then why? I realise this is the second time you've avoided it. What's going on?" Theodore stared and sighed.

"Let's get some tea, hmmm?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me up from my place in the study room. He lead me down stairs where he proceeded to make camomile tea. I watched worried and trying to figure out what it is he would be telling me. He finally sat down and I took a sip, watching him.