14-Marry you

Joe's POV:

This party has to go well. I've already welcomed Byron into the house- which I mean doesn't really count since he lives here, but anyway. Dianne's been a saint and prepared so much of this and I wish I would've done more but she seems happy. If only she knew what nightmares I've been having about this party. It has to go well.
"Hey Mate! How's everything going?" Byron starts the conversation, never leaving Emily-his girlfriend's- side.
"My gorgeous girlfriend is the best and I love her very much. But it occurred to me that I haven't really addressed this too much. I mean, we have, obviously, but I want it to be special. This is what's going to happen." I discuss the plans with the couple in front of me, occasionally glancing around to make sure Dianne is still getting ready and not eavesdropping. It has to be a surprise if I want to pull this off.

"Here you go!" I say, handing out the first pre- drinks of the night. Can't say that didn't go down like a treat.
"Back at Joe's bar I see." Dianne speaks to her instagram. Wow, that girls gotten good at vlogging her life. Maybe she learnt from the best?
"With today's concoctions before the real party begins." I add.
"True. I'll second that." Dianne laughs, I've never heard anything more angelic.

We get the party in full swing when Dianne finally lets loose a little. As much as she's a bit drunk, I know she'll remember it tomorrow. Mainly because I asked her to not get too intoxicated.
"I want to vlog this." I shout in her ear. She nods, like she approves.
"Okay everybody." I say as I turn the music down. There's a little protest but once they realise it was me, they settle down.
"I need to confess. This party isn't just for a nice get-together. It's a celebration." Everyone begins whispering and I can sense rumours appearing.
"It's nothing like what you think. Dianne and I are neither engaged nor pregnant. But Dianne, I do want to marry you in the future, as you know." I wink as she blushes.
"No this is to celebrate Dianne." I reach into my pocket to find what I need.
"And in order to do that, I want to make a promise to you. I will love you forever and nobody else will catch my eye. And whilst I was thinking about doing this intimately, I wanted people to know how much I value you. Baby girl, all I want is you." She starts walking towards me.
"So will you agree to being my forever by wearing this ring as a promise to me in return for the promise I've made." She looks as if she could cry.
"I love you." She whispers, moving forward to take the ring when she moves her hand back and laughs.
"Actually, I'm gonna need that in writing." Her accent is clear and it makes me so happy.
"Anything you want." She laughs.
"I already have you." She kisses my cheek. There's an admiration coming from the audience who are now watching us.
"I love you more than you'll ever realise." I say back, leading her off the dance floor.

Dianne and I go onto the balcony for a few minutes, to get some air and to just have a nice private conversation.
"Joe, when I first met you, I had a boyfriend and the life any girl could want. I had everything." She says. I'm nervous that she's about to drop me right now.
"But I didn't. Things didn't work out and I can safely say this is the life I want. So any girl can have that previous life of mine because I don't want it." She caresses my face.
"All I want right now is you." She whispers, getting closer to my ear.
"So let's go in there and enjoy this party. No more staying sober. Let's get drunk!" She sounds excited.
"What if- what if you don't remember it tomorrow? The promise we made." She sighs.
"Record this." I pull out my camera.
"And on my phone too." I do as she says.
"This woman right here is my life." I say, hoping both devices picked that up.
"Tonight I made a promise with Joe! To be his forever. And now he's about to make a promise with me. To get drunk!" She's never looked happier as my amused face brightens up. I face both devices to me.
"I didn't agree to it but let's do it!" I say, giving her the phone and running off, taking her hand with me in the process.

That night really was a night to remember. Even though reflecting on it tomorrow, I'll probably forget about all the small details like how when her hands touched my skin, it prickled up into goosebumps. And how as I lay here, taking her hand next to me, I feel like the luckiest man in the world. Actually, I'll always remember that sensation. I am the luckiest man and there's no doubt about it. Dianne is absolutely everything to me.

A/N: Cute fluff chapter here for the 4K of you that have read this!!!
Thank you guys so much for 4K!
Remember I have other fanfics like All I'll Ever Be available to read.
And...I'm working on coursework at the minute so my schedule might be a little later (and messed up) than usual x