4-Love Me Now

Joe's POV:

Dianne and I came back from our massages a little bit earlier and I could not feel more zen. Here I am with the most beautiful specimen in front of me, snuggled into a blanket, watching a classic episode of Friends. It's my favourite kind of evening. I can't believe she ever thought that we could break up. Although saying that, I am nervous to spend the week apart from her. I'm coming to the conclusion that I adore this woman with my heart more and more each day. What if she realises I'm just Joe from Wiltshire? And that, apart from talking, I don't really know if I have many other talents. I guess I'll just have to hope she still finds me funny and likes my singing.
"Why?" I whisper, Dianne turning to face up at me, a confused expression forming on her face.
"Why me Dianne? Out of everyone on that show, what made you choose me?" I sound frustrated so I try to soften my tone, playing with her hair a little bit as well.
"What do you mean?" She laughs a little, something I realise that she does when she's nervous.
"I'm not the most talented. I'm not the best at well anything and I guess I'm just wondering why such a beauty decided to choose me to love her." I'm trying to open up so we can work through any potential issues that might arise in the week we're separated.
"Because Joe, you don't give yourself enough credit. You are hands down the funniest person I've ever met and your singing isn't too bad either." She lightly punches my arm in a joking manner.
"And overall because you chose to love me. You didn't turn your back on me when things got rough. You just chose to love me in the moment. And I know you still love me now."
"Wow, Dianne." I say, a little bit speechless and a little bit breathless.
"If anything I should be asking you why you chose me. I mean you were surrounded by the most talented dancers. You could've chose anyone." She begins to doubt herself and it physically breaks my heart.
"Look at me." I bring her eye-line directly up to my eyes so she can see the pure honesty.
"You are my dream girl. You understand me and you worked on me even when I thought there was no way anyone could help me. You chose to do that for me. You get my humour and you understand me. I've never felt that before. I've never felt that at all. But now, I can't stop feeling like that because you're here." She leans into me, silently sobbing. I let her cry a little because sometimes it's just what we need. I tear up a little bit as well before falling a sleep.

When I awake, Dianne's on the phone to someone. I let her have her privacy. Hopefully, it's something good.
"Okay thank you for letting me know, I will absolutely see what I can do. No, of course." I overhear Dianne trying to hold back tears.
"She definitely deserves it. It sounds like she's been through so much." I walk over to her as she puts the phone down a few minutes later. She's wiping her eyes, clearly moved by the phone call.
"Are you okay? What's happened? If there's a problem," Dianne cuts me off, explaining the situation with Bella.
"Her best friend is in hospital and loves you. She was buying a bear for her to cheer her up. I want you to go and meet her best friend. It would be a nice story and it would help us as well. What do you say?" How can I say no?
"Of course we will." I pull her into a hug.

A/N: This was kind of an impromptu storyline because I wanted Joanne to interact with kids without actually having any so let me know what you think x