8-Happier

Joe's POV:

It's the day Dianne leaves me for a week and I'm unprepared. Emotionally and physically. There's nowhere I'd rather be than in her arms but this week off is something we both want to do. It'll further our relationship. I keep telling myself.
With a suitcase of all her necessities packed, Dianne comes through still smiling. How she still manages to smile through this, I've no idea. I do my best, but it just ends up as a grimace instead. So much for trying to act no different.
"I'll just put my coat on and I'll be off." She says as she brushes her red hair out of her face. I'll miss running my hand through her hair, detangling the knots without hurting her. Even though it's for a week, it already feels like a lifetime.
"Okay I'll walk you out." I reply, hoping she's up for it. She sniffles and I finally get a glimpse of her true emotions.
"Just a cold." She mutters, dabbing a tissue to her eyes. She's clearly lying, but now isn't the time for arguments.
"I have a cold too, you might have caught it from me." I state as a singular tear begins to fall.
"Amy says we'll be happier after this." Dianne says, attaching her hand to mine. I slowly lean down to kiss it, quickly deciding that it'll be gentlemanly.
"You can kiss me, you know?" I smile, not wasting another second. I pull her into me, hoping to never let go. She finally releases herself and bows her head slightly.
"I love you Joe." She smiles through all the pain. I feel so bad for putting her through this. For what? I keep asking myself.

I walk out of the house, leaving her to part from me. Giving her one last hug, I watched as she turned around, only looking back once. I bow my head this time in despair.
"Why did you let her go?" I whisper to myself, going back inside. It's cold outside and I'm in just a t-shirt so I feel the breeze on my arms even when I'm inside.
"Byron!" I shout as he walks into the kitchen.
"Hey Joe, what's up?" He asks. I thought I hid my emotions well.
"What do you mean?" He laughs.
"Well, Dianne isn't here and your eyes look as tired as when you were on Strictly." I can't deny that.
"Dianne's spending the week with Amy. Let's just focus on something else this week like youtube maybe." I say, mostly to myself.
"Which YouTube videos are you going to film this week?" Byron asks. I'm happy to answer as it distracts me from the beautiful woman that won't leave my mind.
"Maybe some gaming videos, a couple of main channel and a vlog." I shrug.
"Joe that's a lot." He says seriously.
"I used to do it." I shrug again.
"Not after you got with Dianne. You've changed in a good way. I'm not going to let you work yourself into a state. You're important too. Let's go out tomorrow night!" I smile, actually hoping that something good will happen.

A/N: Short but I wanted to get this chapter out of the way because Joanne leaving each other just makes my heart upset.
Hope you enjoyed the picture of Dianne I've attached- one of the pics I took at the tour- because it's probably one of my fav pics.
Anyway thank you all so much for the overwhelming amount of support, see you again very soon x