Sequel Chapter 4 "Heartbreak is an everyday occurrence"

Start from the beginning

She'd had enough of the way her mother talked to her.

"Do I have any mail?" Aubrey asks her 'mother'.

Claire stands up and she walks to the table beside the front door. She picks up a letter and from where Aubrey is standing. She sees the Alabama logo and her heart begins to race.

"Let me see. Nope, no mail," her mother smiles bitterly once again.

"Give the letter to her," Izzy glares at Claire. Claire just rolls her eyes and she picks the letter up once again and she tosses it on the floor.

Aubrey rushes to the letter with shaky limbs and she picks it up.

"Don't be surprised if you don't make it," Claire walks back to the couch and she takes a seat.

Aubrey carefully opens the letter, making sure to not rip it as Izzy and Olivia peer down at it in hope.

Dear Aubrey,

Congratulations! Your application to the University of Alabama, Capstone College of Nursing, beginning in Fall 2018, has been approved.

She had stopped reading after that. She was so excited and so joyful that she couldn't read any further.

She was amazed at how that one letter, months and months ago had broken her heart, and how this letter made it grow. Tears of joy and relief escaped her eyes and the two girls hugged her with all their might.

Their little party was torn apart when Claire roughly grabbed the arm of Aubrey.

"I want you out," she began to shove her daughter out the door but Olivia smacked her harsh grip away from Aubrey. Red marks stained the ivory skin of Aubrey's arm and she was taken aback.

"We're leaving," Izzy grabs the bags of Aubrey, along with Olivia and the three of them walk out.

"Good luck paying the tuition!" Claire yelled out of the front door but Aubrey ignored her, too focused on the fact that she could actually be with her Luke.

--Present--

So now, as she sits in the parking lot of the airport, she feels nervous and excited. Nervous, because she's never flown on a plane by herself and excited because she gets to see Luke after they've been apart for what has felt like forever.

She looks at her phone and she sees many missed texts and calls from Luke. She smiles knowing he's probably very worried since she hasn't answered him all day.

Throughout the weeks. They texted non-stop, pretty much whenever Luke was not in training, they were talking either on facetime, a call, or texting. She knew that if he didn't answer her straight away, he was busy and she was perfectly fine with that.

But, she had never not answered him.

"Why the fuck isn't she answering?" Luke lets out a small groan and Aiden chuckles from the recliner chair beside him.

"What if she's asleep?" he reasons and Luke turns his head to him. Over the past few weeks, they had become great friends. They shared the same hatred towards stupid people and they found that their interests were similar: Sleeping, eating, wanting to kill Eli, and well that's about it.

"She doesn't just...sleep," Luke says. Of course, Aubrey is known to take naps, something he absolutely adores about her considering he gets to hold her and take one too, but she would never take one from the times she wakes up, which ranges from seven-thirty in the morning, to nine. From nine in the morning until about four in the afternoon, she's as lively as can be and she would never sleep the day away. After four, it's a different story but that's beside the point.