Part 31 "Is he on crack?"

"No. Hecking. Way." Izzy gasps, a huge smile on her face. Olivia just sits to my right, her mouth agape.

All of a sudden, tears spring to Olivia's eyes and she pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for you. You deserve to have someone love you as much as he does. As much as you've gone through," She pulls away and wipes her tears with a smile adorning her face.

Tears flood my eyes as what she says. I wish dad could meet Luke. Of course at first he would go all papa bear on him but after a while, I know he would warm up to him. They would've gotten along perfectly.

Dad played high school football but as soon as high school was over, he was at training camps. Without a doubt, they would've talked about football for hours. It was like my dads second love.

If only.

"Well, what did you say back?" Olivia asks excitedly.

+++ FLASHBACK+++

He loves me?

Luke Taylor actually loves me.

"Y-You love me?" I question. I must've heard him wrong. I'm nothing special, how could he love me.

"Obviously." He tucks a curl behind my ear.

"Are you sure?" I question this time with confusion. Luke scrunches his eyebrows before he lets out a loud laugh.

"Of course I'm sure darlin', why wouldn't I be?" He brings me onto his lap and gives my cheek a soft kiss.

"I don't know," I play with his fingers shyly, "I just never thought you would ever even like someone like me."

"Don't put yourself down like that Aubrey. I'm the lucky one." He rubs his hand up and down my side.

+++END OF FLASHBACK+++

I gasp softly in realization.

"I didn't say anything back!" My eyes widen. He probably thinks I don't love him now.

"Well do you love him?" Izzy asks.

After everything he's done for me. He's helped me with my dad, he's made me laugh, and he's made me feel better, I love him.

"Yes, I love him." I confirm and the girls break into a squealing fit.

After a few hours the girls leave and I'm left all alone in the house. I catch up on homework and study for an upcoming quiz in chemistry.

By ten thirty I've done everything I needed to do. I say my prayers and finally let my eyes close.

___________________________

I wake up early the next morning. Way early. 5 am early.

My nose is stuffed and runny, I have a sore throat, and I'm freezing cold.

How could this happen overnight?

I wrap a big fluffy blanket around me and make my way downstairs.

All the lights off and I have a hard time not tripping over things. Mom and Rick must not be awake yet.

I make it to the kitchen and I turn the lights on. I open the medicine cabinet and take allergy pills and Ibuprofen.

I make myself some warm tea and I sip it while carefully walking up the stairs.

I quickly change into a pair of dark skinny jeans, and a dark red thick sweater. I pull my hair into a messy bun, just getting it out of the way for now.