six

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

EIGHT LETTERS

CHAPTER SIX[ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER SIX
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

GAEA WAS SERIOUSLY getting on her nerves.

As Jason and Percy charged at each other, Natalia ran and tackled Piper to the ground. They rolled to the edge of the road, watching the two in horror. Riptide struck against Jason's gladius, making sparks fly. Their blades blurred — strike and parry — and the pavement trembled. The first exchange took only a second, but the two were fighting fast. The horses pulled away from each other — Tempest thundering in protest, Blackjack flapping his wings.

"Pipes, try to charmspeak them to stop," Natalia said.

"Stop it!" Piper yelled, following her orders.

For a moment, Jason heeded her voice. His golden eyes turned toward the two, and Percy charged, slamming his blade into Jason. Thank the Gods, Percy turned his sword — maybe on purpose, maybe accidentally, you never knew with that boy — so the flat of it hit Jason's chest; but the impact was still enough to knock Jason off his mount.

"Ah, fuck," Natalia said. "I forgot how good Percy was at sword fighting."

Blackjack cantered away as Tempest reared in confusion. The spirit horse charged into the sunflowers and dissipated into vapor.

Percy struggled to turn Blackjack.

"Percy, listen to me," Natalia called, making him turn to her, his gold eyes meeting her silver ones. "Drop Riptide. Jason is your friend."

Percy's sword arm dipped. Natalia might have been able to put some sense back into him, but unfortunately her stupid boyfriend got to his feet.

Jason roared. A bolt of lightning arced out of the clear blue sky. It ricocheted off his gladius and blasted Percy off his horse.

"Gods Jason, what are you doing?" Natalia screamed.

Blackjack whinnied and fled into the wheat fields. Jason charged at Percy, who was now on his back, his clothes smoking from the lightning blast.

For a horrible moment, Natalia couldn't speak. Gaea seemed to be whispering to her: You must choose one. Why not let Jason kill him?