Chapter 5

Chapter 5.......Who's Turn

The fallowing day I was working the fence line when Rick came strolling along. "If you want after lunch I'm taking some of the others out for gun training. Why don't you come along."

"Sure id love to," I sounded a lot more giddy and exited than I meant to.

"Ok I'll see you later then," Rick hesitated like he was going to say something else but instead just smiled before walking off. In between striking the walkers I watched him until he disappeared from sight. Lord help me but the man had one of the sexiest swaggers to his walk I had ever seen.

After a while I left the fence, showered, ate and went out to the front of the prison. There were several people that I had seen around but didn't really know. Wrapped deep in conversation just behind the vehicles stood Rick, Daryl and Glen. Since we were obviously waiting for something I went to admire Daryl's bike. Back before everything when to shit  I loved bikes.

"Ok so everyone pile in," Glen called out after they finished talking.

"Hey Jena why don't you ride with me," Daryl motioned towards his bike.

"Sure id love to," I couldn't resist my smile.

After climbing on Daryl checked to make sure everyone was ready. With two short whistles Tyres began to pull on the chains opening the front gates. One by one we left in our precession with Daryl leading the way. I hadn't expected it but god it felt amazing to be out of the prison walls. It was odd but I could fully relate to the exuberance and sense of freedom the prisoners must have felt upon their release date.

Closing my eyes I hung onto Daryl and delighted the feeling of the wind wiping through my hair. Admiring the beauty in which surrounded us. Since humans had nearly become extinct Mother Nature over and in the past few years had started to réclame the planet back over as hers. Bit by bit the rampant existence of man and our destruction was fading away and the earth was healing. Before people use to travel to go see national wild life parks but now the whole world was becoming one.

We had drove quite aways away from the prison when Daryl pulled off into the clearing. Glen walked over to a fallen log and started to put up empty bottles while Daryl and Rick started to hand out the guns.

To begin with they had us practice how to take them apart and put them back together again. They reviewed how to un jam one and how to load the bullets. They spent a detailed amount of time on the proper way to hold a gun and how to stay safe. All this was useful because I had never held a gun in my life. Looking at the others I could tell I was not alone.

I watched as Rick took a few quick shots to show everyone and of course he hit his mark. So practiced with his gun the colt had become second nature to him. Secretly I admired how powerful, in control and hot he looked with a gun in his hand. I found myself wishing I had known him when he was a cop. A girl has to love a man in uniform. I had to admit it was weird to hold a gun. You felt exhilarated, nervous, alive, and powerful. It was also a great deal harder than one would expect to hit your object or anywhere remotely close.

It didn't help either that out of everyone it felt like Rick was watching me. Eventually he walked down the row of us stopping at my side. Taking my gun from me he clicked the safety on. Standing so close behind me he pulled me until the entire length of our bodies were touching. My knees went week and when he hooked his foot around mine and pulled to widen my stance I nearly fell. Wrapping his arms around my waist to stop me from falling as he pressed our bodies closer.

"I think you need a heavier piece," Ricks voice was thick and husky as he whispered into my ear. He dropped one hand and I felt him unhook his belt clip. Pulling his gun free he held it in front of me. "Here try mine," he murmured his lips just above me ear.

With shaking hands I took his gun and aimed. "Don't forget the safety," Rick reached around from behind me and wrapped his hand around mine that was hanging onto gun. With his thumb he slid the safety off. Without letting go of my hand he told me to pull the trigger. When I did the force of the gun slammed our bodies together. We hit the mark dead on. This time he let go of the gun but didn't move away as he put his hands on my hip. I was so distracted by Rick I could think straight but again I hit my mark. Rick smiled at me and gently squeezed my hips before he walked away. I had to admit I had better luck with Ricks gun as I hit mark after mark with ease.

Who would have thought gun training could be so fun. I could hardly wait to go again if Rick was going to be my teacher.

"So when do we get to keep our own guns?" one of the others asked.

"You have to complete so many hours of training. Then you need to receive recommendations from the three of us to be able to carry when we go on a run. In order for you to carry while in camp you have to be approved by every member of the council." Rick explained as he collected the guns from everyone.

The guy didn't look overly impressed but didn't hesitate handing the gun to Rick. "This is a measure designed to keep you safe against any unforeseen incidents or accidental shootings. Remember this is another lesson in skills and it's skills that will keep you alive."

Again I stood in awe of Rick as he commanded the attention and respect of everyone there. Who knew I had such a thing for authority but just watching him I was getting hotter than hell. Never before had I ever wanted a man to dominate me but at this moment in time it was all I could think about.

In fact it was all I could think about when we got back to camp. Maggie on the other hand was taking full advantage of how distracted I was. We were playing a game of crib and she was completely kicking my ass when Rick and Glen joined us at the table. Before long nearly everyone from cell block B had wondered into the cafeteria and we all ended up playing poker for the rest of the night.