Chapter 17

Chapter 17......then next seven days

Day One....after the bomb dropped in the cafeteria curtsy of me the day was full of......angry tension. No real big surprise there. Shane and Rick weren't speaking and keeping their distance. Lori  well she couldn't exactly play the role of victom anymore but she could sure play entitled bitch to the extreme. Huffing and puffing about in exasperated form.

The rumour mill was churning away at a hundred miles an our. Essentially taking on a life of its own. The gossipers were talking each other's ears off and the stories of what had happened in the cafeteria barley represented the actual events. Over the course of the day I had heard several of these misconceived stories.

The first being the most predictable and unoriginal. To believe this one it went like this. Rick and I were in the cafeteria getting all hot and bothered when Lori and Shane had walked in to discover our on going love affair. Lori broke down and when Shane tried to defend her honour that's when the fight broke out between the two men.

The second story was pretty much the same as the first. Only in this one it was Shane and Lori caught cheating by Rick causing the fight. In an agry rage Rick beat the shit out of Shane declaring his undying love for Lori. This storey almost made me throw up a little.

The most recent storey was that Lori and I had decided to share Rick in every sense of the word. That even threesomes had occurred. When Shane found out he confronted Rick and got into a fight about the morality of what Rick was doing. Like I said each storey was growing more wilder than the last.

"Well I got to give you this," Maggie looked over the box as she passed it to me. "You don't do anything half assed."

Sasha burst out laughing nearly doubling over. "No girl you most certainly do not. We all made bets on how long you would play nice with Laurie but nobody expected that."

Waving my hand back and forth between my two friends I pretended to be hurt. "You people are my friends and yet you make bets about me."

"As if," Maggie laughed. "If it wasn't about you I know you would be in on it too."

"I had liquid encouragement and no plan." Picking up the next box I handed it to Maggie. "I was just kind of running with it."

"Have you talked to Rick or Shane yet?" Sasha asked.

Ok so here out of all the things that had occurred I felt bad about. In my anger I hadn't thought about Rick and Shane's life long friendship. How I could possibly be putting an end to it. Not just an end but doing it in the form of a public announcement. Forcing them to choose between their pride or forgiveness. "No neither of them. I don't think anyone is talking to each other."

Day two.....began with no less tension. I for one was not the only one questioning the sanity of both Rick and Shane going on the run. If you asked me it was just asking for trouble.

Which it undoubtably did. Both Rick and Shane returned looking like they had pounded the shit out if each other. Shane a little worse off than Rick. There was no denying something had sent the two men into a fist fight. Daryl even had a few bumps and bruises that could only be explained by the fact he had got in between the two of them. That and he looked tired and pissed off despite the good hall they made. Glen well he was on edge glancing wearily between the two men as if he expected at any second the fight would break out again.

Supper that night was even more of a gong show than the previous night. Rick, Shane, Daryl and Glen sat at the four corners of the room almost as if they were declaring their own country. Each of them watching each other just looking for any reason to go at it again.