Chapter 50

(unedited)

Izzy

  "I'm hungry." Granite growled, and his sneer made it obvious what for, even if his erection wasn't tenting his pants. Instead of coming for her straight away, he stopped just inside the door, and she tensed, wondering why he was hesitating. "I need to come." He ground out. "There are no witnesses, so there's no point pretending this is a punishment. Although you might get one anyway, just for fun."

  'Are you so out of the loop that you didn't know I've been living in the punishment room for days? Or is it that your mind is too small to retain the information?' Izzy tightened her lips on the retorts that wanted to spring forth, even though she was dying to say something scathing. Although it was hard to hold her tongue, she did it because he looked like he was on the edge, and close to falling off the cliff into crazy land. Self preservation won out against her hatred, as she recognized the wisdom of exercising self restraint. Granite wasn't known for his temperate nature, and it would be stupid to provoke him.

  Her heart pounded as she stared back at her nemesis, and it took a minute before she remembered she was supposed to drop her eyes.
  Was she supposed to keep on pretending she was submissive? Obedient? Controllable? Or was that plan out of date?

  It was an effort, but she loosed her locked knees enough to take a step back, watching Granites legs all the while. 

  He didn't hesitate before he took a corresponding step forward.

  Dammit, he would probably like it if she ran, all wolves loved the chase, but what was she supposed to do? Just stand still like a moron and wait for him to come and molest her?
  It might be futile, but she didn't have anything to lose anymore, so if she thought she had a chance she would take it. At the moment however, the only place to run to was the spare room above her prison, and if she went in there she'd be caught like a rat in a trap. The only way in or out of there was the door, as the window had been nailed shut, something she'd checked at the first opportunity.

  "Granite, stop!"

  Chastity came racing in behind the male and grabbed his arm, stopping him before he could reach Izzy.
  He growled at her, but she didn't let go.

  "No! No more. I won't allow it."

  "Wont allow it?" Granite swung his head around to stare at her incredulously. "Wont allow what?" He waited for an answer for all of five seconds before he sneered down at the girl. "How the fuck do you think a slave could stop me from doing anything I want to do? You're weak and pitiful, and should keep your distance from me before I decide to put you in Humbles place instead."

  "No."

  Izzy's heart was in her throat as she watched little Chastity face off against the most insane member of the Pack. She'd thought the girl was smart, but getting close to Granite was the stupidist thing any female could do, and getting in his face was even more moronic.
  Her mind raced while she searched for a plan to get Chastity away from the psycho, but she couldn't think of doing anything that wouldn't potentially put her life at risk. While she might be a little short on options, she wasn't so far gone that she'd put herself up for slaughter as a human sacrifice. She'd give up hope of escape when she was dead, and not before. 

  If he could be distracted for long enough, Chastity could move herself out of the firing line, but not without the girls cooperation. And she didn't think she'd get it because Chastity had, for some reason, had actually chosen to get that close to him.

  "You've got to stop doing this to Humble. What if you cross the line and actually penetrate her for real? What if you impregnate her? She's a halfbreed, for pity's sake, it's wrong on every level."

  For a brief moment Izzy had thought that Chastity was concerned about her... but then she heard the rest, and was reminded that she was just a piece of trash to these assholes. Mig had told her once during an argument, that she despised purebreds as only a mongrel could. She wasn't wrong.

  "I have my reasons," Granite gritted out. "I don't answer to a female." But even though he sounded angry, Izzy noticed that he didn't shake the girls hand off him or move away from her. It might be her imagination, but it almost seemed as if he leaned in closer.

  "Just stop doing it, alright?" Chastity pleaded.

  "Why do you care?"

  There was a pause, and then her words burst out of her. "I can't stand seeing you with other females! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!" She screamed at him.

  Everyone in the hall froze, including Melissa, who had just stepped out of the bathroom behind the tableau.

  Granite cleared his throat, looking dazed. "You don't know what you're talking about."

  "I know that you're my mate. I've known it forever."

  "You're too young." He said gruffly.

  "I'm not much younger than you." She tightened her lips stubbornly. "You go with females who aren't your mate, is that what you want? For me to go to other males, too?" She demanded, and immediately received an answering snarl.

  "You're too fucking young!"

  "I've had enough of this. It's hypocritical of you to make me watch you with other bitches while I have to go through my heats alone."

 "Fuck." Granite drove his fingers through his hair and inhaled deeply. "When is the next one coming?"

  Izzy caught Melissa's eye and they exchanged a WTF look, before turning back to watch the show.

  Izzy was still wary of Granite, but he appeared to be distracted at the moment, and not in danger of raping anyone, so she started edging away from the weird ass couple.

  "Stop." Granite turned his head and glared.

  "What? You still want her?" Chastity demanded with outrage. Izzy had to admit she was impressed at how un-subservient the girl was being.

  "Shut it, slave," he scowled down at her before turning back to Izzy. "We have some unfinished business."

  "What does it matter?" Chastity whined. "Everyone knows she and Erth are going to be executed in the morning."

  Well, not everyone, Izzy had assumed the halfbreed had been dispatched as soon as his and Patience's deception had been discovered.
  She shuddered. She thought she'd had it bad, but she hated to think of what might have been done to Erth for daring to contaminate the gene pool. Or what was being done to Patience and the baby, for that matter.

  "Well I had better finish my business with her before then, hadn't I?" He said and gave her an unpleasant look.

  Izzy felt chills run down her spine. Did she say she had nothing to lose? That may be so, but Granite looked like he wanted to give her something. Hurt. A world of it.

  Would he hurt her less if she stayed put like a good little slave? She didn't think so. Her wolf may have discovered her fighting spirit, but Izzy wasn't equipped with the same weapons as her animal, she wouldn't have a chance in hell in going against a werewolf male in a fight. But she could just be a fainting goat all her life.

  Instead she decided to be a rabbit. She ran...

  And was caught.