Familiar

In which Jimin gets himself in a similar situation to Eros and Psyche. He doesn't show his face, or name in the beginning. And eventually, one mistake will change everything.

18,000 words.

      ___________________________

"So Taehyung...I...I don't know what I've gotten myself into." Jimin sighed into his hands, elbows on the coffee table in front of him.

Taehyung looked away from the video game he was playing on the tv. "What did you do?"

"Well...my internship right now...my boss..." Jimin closed his mouth and thought about how to say it. "So my boss asked me personally to stay with him. Well, not personally, but he sent a letter. The details are simply, he wants me to stay with him at his house? A-and sleep with me." Jimin blushed a little, but Taehyung knew that tone of voice.

"Oh no...no, you're not really thinking of-"

"Tae! I'm practically homeless right now! He said he'd pay me, and...god, it's not like I'm a virgin. I...I really need the money."

"Jimin! Jimin, that's using your body for money! That's basically prostitution!" Taehyung raised his voice, but didn't yell.

"Well how else am I supposed to gain money? I can't keep living with you, I can't keep borrowing money from my parents, and I can't keep doing odd jobs anymore Taehyung. I'm...I'm tired."

"...and being a prostitute will make you less tired?"

"This is a good job. And stop calling it that, I don't wanna be called a prostitute. You're being mean."

"Yeah, I am being mean. Jimin, I don't mind you staying here-"

"I mind Taehyung. I'm being a burden, I'm not helping you. I'll repay you everything when I have enough to. I just...I want to take this offer okay? I can always back down from it."

Taehyung sighed. "Okay Jimin. But just know you're always welcome to stay here. You're my best friend. I'm not going to kick you out."

"Thank you Taehyung. I just think this'll turn out better then we imagine it to be."

Taehyung nodded and went back to his game. "Let's grab lunch sometime soon okay? Now go head off to work, you'll be late."

"It's only 5:40, I have some time."

"Your work starts at 6, remember?" Taehyung smiled a little.

"Oh shit, you're right. Shit!" Jimin jumped up and got his shoes on, finding his jacket and going to the door. "I'll text you everything later!" Jimin ran out the door, before going back in. "My bag." He took it and put his backpack on, running out the door again, making his way down the stairs and to the bus stop. He waited and looked down the street, a sigh of relief escaping his lips when he saw a car. He wasn't late. The car stopped in front of him, and Jimin got inside.

"Thank you so much Hoseok hyung, I'm so glad I'm not late."

"You're good, don't worry. I was a little late myself, so, it worked out I guess." Hoseok shrugged with a smile. He drove off, Jimin carefully checking the time.

"I'm so nervous..." Jimin quietly spoke, playing with his hands.

"Don't worry. He's a good person."

"Do you know why he picked me? Or...or why this is an option at all?"

"...you're really new here Jimin. We don't speak to him directly. He has a trusted secretary, and that's who we talk to instead of him."