29. Dads and Kids

Start from the beginning

We're dating.

Dating and going on missions together.

It still feels like a dream. Whenever I go on the hunt there's someone to back me up, when I come back there's someone to chill with, there's someone to trade stories with, someone to cuddle during rom-coms and someone to have mind-blowing séx with. Thankfully this someone is just one person but it still feels a handful.

Honestly from never dating or being in a relationship to a full time best friend and fúçk buddy in one is amazing.

I still don't call him my boyfriend even though he loves to tease me by calling me his dearest and only girlfriend.

"Good morning my beautiful Girlfriend" he kissed my neck.

See what I mean?

"If you don't stop doing that I might as well turn you into an actual stranger, Mr.Stranger" I rolled my eyes but still snuggled into his warmth, totally contradicting my words.

"Ah I've hit a nerve I see" he smirked but brought his other hand up to my hair and started massaging it. I sighed in contentment.

Get you a man that plays with your hair, not feelings.

"Oli has a new baby on the way" I mumble.

"I know, he thinks his new baby has a crush on Nick, thanks to me" he laughed and his breath tickled my cheeks.

"Mhmm, he wants to take care of his wife and not let her suffer alone, seeing as he was with the president during his first born..." I said, slightly fiddling with my fingers and the covers.

"And...?" Alex straightened a little.

"He's demoting himself" I said leaving Alex shocked.

"He can do that? I thought you need a boss to do that?"

"Apparently! And I said that he should probably take a long vacation, maybe a few years and then be back when he feels ready but he said he had already planned this and the paperwork is signed!" I rolled on my back.

"But...?" Alex asked, knowing I was keeping something from him.

"I have to take over..." I slipped under the covers like a snail going back into it's shell.

"That's great!" Alex pulled back the covers and showed me a beaming smile.

This silly doufus.

"You know what let's go for breakfast!" I quickly got up and ran into the bathroom for a shower.

"But wh-" He got cut off as I turned the water up.

At the breakfast table Alex sat next to me with Michael at the 'head' chair (aka the single chair at the end of the table). Alex, Alana and I were in a row on Michael's left while Steve sat opposite to Alex, Zach opposite to me and Brian opposite to Alana with Feyona on his right.

I thought it was his ego that made Michael sit there but he revealed that it was easier to get up and leave when he got bored or annoyed. Making me laugh and applaud for his brilliance.

"So why are you worried about getting the position from Oli?" Alex asked shoving a toast in his mouth to hide his smirk. He knew this would make everyone curious and someone would convince me to spill it.

I stomped on his foot next to me making him choke while I explained my situation to everyone.

"So...Oli can't continue working and he had to live part time in England due to secret stuff...and..." I paused looking at Alex taking his free hand in mine, "I might have to go there..."