Chapter 2

"You're awake"

Le Xiao was startled to hear a voice so cold and demanding. While still holding the left part of her head that was still hurting, she looked at her right and saw a tall man with a height around 6'3'. He has black hair and it looks so soft that it made her want to stroke it. He has strong chiselled jaw with aquiline nose and he has deep set eyes fanned with thick eyelashes. His suit cannot hide his lean and muscular body and his skin is naturally tanned. His overall look screams danger and authority.

"Where is the necklace?" The man asked. Le Xiao didn't know why but she feels like running to the opposite direction from this man. Her senses is telling her that she is in danger and she cannot help her body trembling.

"Wh-what necklace?" She didn't know why this man is asking for a necklace. Can't she ask the Marquess instead of barging into the room of an unmarried lady? If this spreads out, her reputation will fall and she doesn't want to disappoint the Marquess.

"Stop pretending, you slut. Give me the necklace or I will make sure that you will wish that you didn't survive the accident" The man's voice was full of authority and mockery. He was running out of patience – this task was supposed to be dealt with a few days ago but he had to come here personally and face this slut who stole the necklace of his grandmother.

This girl has been following him ever since his meeting with her dad over a perfume project they did three years ago. She is like a lost dog asking for attention and love and she has been showing up everywhere he went despite his cold and ruthless reputation. This girl is known to have promiscuous reputation and is so spoiled that no one can stand to be with her. She started following him when she went to his office looking for her dad, when she saw him walking out of his office at the top floor she froze on the spot and cause the other 2 employees behind her to bump into her which made her fall on the carpeted floor and sprawled there like an idiot. To make matters worse, she is just wearing a really short white skirt with a red haltered top that shows her cleavage and back. With her red heels and thick make-up, she looks like a low class rich girl wannabe.

"Fire the two employees and make sure that whoever this girl is will not be allowed to enter this building anymore" The man said when he saw what happened.

The secretary is used to the orders of this non feeling boss so as much as he doesn't like what happened, he can't help but ignore the shocked expressions of the two employees who lost their jobs just because they were at the wrong place and at the wrong time.

"Sir, the girl is the daughter of Mr. Le" He informed his cold-blooded boss upon seeing the love-struck look of this idiot girl who is now standing there like she found the sun.

"Understood Mr. Feng" Is all he said after receiving a chilling look from his boss. When he saw him going back to his office, he gave the necessary orders to the company security. He really can't blame the daughter of Mr. Le. Countless women fell for this evil boss, however, no matter how beautiful and sexy and wealthy a woman is, his boss continued to be unfeeling. He doesn't care whether a woman is the daughter of a president or a peasant, a socialite or a genius. Sometimes, the secretary thinks that his boss is bent the other way but this thought is instantly gone whenever he remembers that his boss honestly doesn't really care for anyone else except for his grandma.

"I-I'm really sorry sir, but I really don't know about the necklace that you're talking about and ... wha-what's a slut?" Le Xiao momentarily forgot her nervousness when she heard the word 'slut'.

'Is it a thing?' She wondered.

Zhu Feng's dark eyes looked at her sharply. He didn't expect this girl to try his patience. He looked at her but it seems that she is not joking. Her face is devoid of make-up, with her black hair framing her small face and her head angled to the right while looking at him curiously with her big doe eyes and slightly parted lips. Zu Feng's heart skipped while he continued to watch her.

In the meantime, his secretary Lao Tsu, can't help but cough when he heard Le Xiao's question. He looked at Zhu Feng who is like a wolf watching an innocent white rabbit.

"Sir ... am I a slu-slut?" Le Xiao asked after not hearing from the cold man.

"No, you're not" Zhu Feng immediately answered after hearing her soft voice. Completely disregarding that he was the one who told her that earlier. He can't help but stare at her innocent looking face.

Lao Tsu on the other hand looked at his own boss wide eyed. He clearly said 'you slut' earlier.

Right at this moment, the doctor came in with a nurse.

"Ah, you're awake" The doctor exclaimed happily.

"Who are you?" Le Xiao is confused and alarmed. Why are there so many unfamiliar people in her room? Looking at the middle-aged doctor who wore white, and his pretty-looking companion who also wore white. She frantically looked around her and found out that everything is different.

This is not her room. This place is just a white room and there is something on her hand attached to a clear bag with liquid that is attached to a little metal thing. She also felt that there are other metals on her body that was attached to a beeping thing beside her bed and her nose has something that is producing air.

Everything that she is seeing is new and she feels lost and scared.

"Wh-what are these things? Wh-where am I? I-I want to see pa-papa ple-please?" Le Xiao's tears started flowing and her nose started reddening. Everyone in the room can't help but feel like they're the ones who bullied this innocent girl.

"It is okay Le Xiao.  You are safe here in the hospital" The middle aged doctor said with a gentle smile. He has been working in this hospital for a long time and this is the first time that his heart was moved after seeing a girl cry.

"What is a ho-hospital? And why is my papa not here" Le Xiao asked while still crying.

Zhu Feng who witnessed this went to Xiao Le and carefully took her in his arms and put her in his lap.

"It is okay, you are safe" He said coldly after feeling that her body is trembling.