Chapter 24

"He did not kill her?"

"Yes your majesty" The man calmly said with his head bowed while kneeling in front of the enigmatic Empress Dowager. He has been serving her after she was crowned as the Empress by the previous late Emperor, and he could honestly say that no one can guess what the she is truly thinking, except for the ruthless Crown Prince who she raised.

"Tell me again what happened from the very start. I want to hear what he said and his actions" The Empress Dowager asked with a mysterious glint in her eyes.

"Yes your majesty. One of my men told her that she could take a short cut in the alley where his highness was and the little miss went there as expected and bravely interrupted the interrogation under the assumption that they were actors from the Red Light District. His highness did not say anything and let her passed, however as expected of esteemed majesty, she came back and Jiao stopped her in time. His highness the Crown Prince chose to speak to little miss and told her that she looks stupid" Lu Mo cupped his hand after his report waiting for the next instruction of his master.

"And where are they right now?"

"They are in Sheng Pavilion as we speak"

"Good. Observe the Crown Prince and make sure nothing happens to the little miss then report everything to me"

"Yes your majesty" Lu Mo cupped his hands then bowed before leaving.

'Hohoho, sooner or later that grandson of mine will be eating out of the palms of the Marquess Le's daughter and I will have a little prince and princesses running around in my palace!' The excited Empress Dowager thought while thinking of her future great-grandchildren.

Meanwhile in Sheng Pavilion, a certain little girl is trying to be included in a serious conversation of adults. The adults are composed of the God-like beauty, Jiao, the owner of Sheng Pavilion named Mr. Sun who is sandwiched by two beautiful ladies.

Standing in the corner of the room while maintaining his usual smile, the puzzled Jiao was acting like he understood what his master and Mr. Sun was saying. In truth, he was mulling over the fact that the little girl is now seating right beside his master enjoying a cup of tea while trying to join in the conversation. He seriously doesn't understand why his master allowed that Le Xiao to be with them.

"It was truly an honor having someone like yourself in my humble pavilion" Mr Sun said distractedly while cupping his fist. He already expected that the Crown Prince will pay him a visit while going incognito so he brought two of his most requested dancers with him. What he did not expect to see though is a young girl trying to imitate the actions of the beautiful ladies beside him.

"It was also our honor being here!" Le Xiao said with big bright eyes full of excitement. Everything that she experienced that day was so new to her that she can't help but be amazed every time. Seeing that the beautiful lady in front of her was pouring tea on Mr. Sun's cup and touching his arms and shoulder while pushing her body on his arm and the other beautiful lady on his other side was also pushing her upper body on his right arm. She hurriedly took the still full cup of the god-like beauty and replaced it with an empty one, then slowly poured the hot tea. After that, she cautiously went closer to the God-like beauty and with a red face tried to push her upper chest to his arm as well, however, upon looking at the two beautifully dressed women she realized that their chests are like two Twin Mountains while hers doesn't even look like a hill. She decided to just wrap her small hands in his arm instead.

Jiao: "...."

Mr Sun: "....."

The two ladies: "......"

The Crown Prince then hastily removed her hands then muttered "Stupid"

"Ahm, oh yeah! Everything should be settled in a week's time esteemed gentleman" Mr. Sun hurriedly tried to appease the Crown Prince not wanting to anger the ruthless man, however, after a few seconds it seems that his worries are for naught because the man himself still have his cold and expressionless face.

"Oh sure!" Le Xiao responded even though she doesn't have any idea what is going to settle in a weeks' time.

"Report to Jiao once it's settled"

"This servant will report to Jiao esteemed gentleman" Assented Mr. Sun while looking at Le Xiao strangely.

Le Xiao who was busy looking at the beautiful lady wearing a flower patterned blue hanfu didn't notice the eyes of the God-like beauty, Mr. Sun and Jiao on her. She was busily observing the facial expressions and actions while unconsciously doing it at the same time. After seeing the beauty pouting cutely then touching the arm and chest of Mr Sun with her finger, she also tilted her head then pouted while shamelessly touching the shoulder of the man beside her. Not satisfied at all, she then tried to squish his upper arm but was disappointed when she only felt hardness.

A certain harassed god-like beauty was on the brink of erupting even though his outside appearance is displaying his usual expressionless face.  

--------------------------------------------------------

As always, thank you for reading, commenting and voting! :)