Chapter 20

There's one employee who was able to regain her senses right away amidst the disturbing event in the pantry. On the outside Le Liu looked like she was experiencing the same emotions as any other employee who witnessed what happened earlier, however if one looked closely, anyone can see that the beautiful and dignified Le Liu who was previously known as the unreachable Goddess of the design department in Feng Group was seething inside because of anger and jealousy.

She remembered her sister Le Liuli once told her that their bitch of a sister is suffering from amnesia that's why there was a 180 degree change of attitude from the previous unruly and messy Le Xiao.  She doesn't believe it all, and basing from what she saw earlier, she has a hunch that she was just pretending in order to gain the trust of Zhu Feng. But what she can't comprehend is how she was able to convince the cold and ruthless Zhu Feng and even managed to make him change his actions and disgust towards her.

'That bitch!' She was able to convince their father to let her work in Feng Group as the head designer for "experience" and she is now working for Zhu Feng for over a year already and had proven to anyone that she is capable of her position. She even won an award last year as a best designer for an annual fashion show that was held in Z city and she was representing Feng Group at that time. Le Liu had meticulously cultivated her reputation so that when the time comes that she becomes Mrs. Feng, anyone could tell that she is fit for her position.

She worked hard in every design and took every opportunity to meet with Zhu Feng while maintaining her image as a talented, beautiful and dignified lady and even though the man doesn't really talk with her outside of work she thought that Zhu Feng will really acknowledge and fall in love with her in due time, and maybe, he just doesn't realize it himself but he has already fallen for her.

Le Liu was so in depth and so invested with her fantasy that when she saw him with Le Xiao,  she got the biggest shock out of everyone. But despite what she has seen, it didn't occur to her that Zhu Feng wasn't really interested with her in the first place. In her heart, Le Xiao was the one who seduced Zhu Feng.

"Don't you think so Le Liu?"

"What?" Le Liu was interrupted with her thoughts when an employee asked her a question.

"I said that the girl who was with Mr Feng is super-duper lucky" The employee said with a dream like expression on her face and totally unaware of the darkening face of Le Liu.

"Hmm" She assented with a narrowed eyes. 'I have to get rid of that bitch'

While waiting for Zhu Feng to finish his work and to ease her boredom, Le Xiao contemplated about her past and present life. She has been sheltered so much by everyone that she eventually grew up with so much naiveness and ignorance. She herself knew that there were a lot of things that her father and Mama Rong didn't tell her and when she decided to sneak out of the Marquess's household for the first time in her past life, she saw a little bit of life's harshness, but that still didn't corrupt her innocent upbringing.

"Mo Xu, ahm .. Can you lend me one of your uniforms to-tomorrow?" Le Xiao asked nervously. She has been cooped up in her quarters for a while now due to some important matters happening in the empire. When she was walking out of the library the other day in the east side of the Marquess household the other day, she saw a scared looking servant whispering with another servant. Out of curiosity, she tiptoed to a hidden corner and shamelessly eavesdropped on them.

"Do you think the entire household will have to move to Jiang City?" Asked the shorter girl.

"That is impossible." Answered the older looking servant while maintaining her strict appearance.

"Bu-but, the war will reach here! If the entire household don't move ... then we will all surely die! Should we ... should we - "

"What impudence! Don't you have trust with the Marquess's authority? What more, our little miss is engaged to the crown prince himself!" The older one said with an aghast look on her face.

"But .. but ..."

"Don't you know that the crown prince is skilled in both literary and military arts? Even General Fu asks him for consultation! Surely, he will not allow the people in his fief to suffer!"

"But I heard the opposing country has hundreds of thousands of soldiers!"

"Insolent! If you want to die, then continue being scared the way you are right now. Don't bother censoring your mouth as well! Remember as servants, we've sworn our loyalty to the masters that brought us, if you want to break that loyalty, then by all mean go do it but don't include me with your impudent actions" After that, she left with a scowl on her face leaving the scared looking servant pale and trembling on the spot.

Le Xiao gasps while listening to the two talking. She didn't know that there was a war going on and she can't help but feel scared for everyone.

After waiting for the servant to leave, she hurriedly went to see Mama Rong - It didn't take long for her to see the trusted Mama.

"Mama Rong, is it true?"

"Is what true little miss?" Mama Rong asked while looking at Xiao Le affectionately.

"About the war" She answered without looking away.

"Who told you that?" Mama Rong was thunderstrucked. Out of everything that could've come out of her little miss's mouth, she didn't expect it to be about the war.

"I heard some servants talked about it."

"Audacious servants! Don't worry little miss, I will make sure to punish those servants" Mama Rong said grimly.

"No wait! Mama Rong, don't. They didn't do anything wrong ... I eavesdropped on them, but is it really true? About the war?"